• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me the HAMMERED coins....

40 posts in this topic

Show me some of your coins "Business strikes" that's stuck so hard you can see it all, I mean everything that coin has to offer and then some, the hammered specimens from 1951 and older from any alloy anything !!!!!

Show me the coins that's struck so hard they may have busted the dies !!!!!!!! These are the coins I'm just dieing to see....Thank you for helping me out.....Joe

This is one of the best wreath (reverse) strike I have ever seen (1910)

The obverse is amazing too, but not shown here because a fatal cleaning mistake ruined what would have been ......a super gem.

I use this reverse as an example of what a ear of corn should taste like!

OP

124018.jpg.733098864b804fccb67c075055947ad8.jpg

1881GoldDolO.jpg1881GoldDolR.jpg

This small Lincoln campaign medal was obviously a special striking for 19th century collectors. It has a HUGE fin on the left side of the reverse.

AL1864-77O-1.jpgAl1864-77R-1.jpg

Despite the fact that the 6th step is incomplete, this is one of the best struck Jefferson Nickels I have ever seen.

JN1943-SNGCMS665FSwLabel.jpg

JN1943-SNGCMS665FSReverse.jpg

HAMMERED

That nickel is the definition of hammered Joe. I know you have several to chose from.

THAT is a BEAST. MJ

This one really is hammered:

“Louis XII Ecu D'or Au Soleil gold hammered coin found in Suffolk, GB.” [Courtesy BBC]

LouisXII.jpg

Joe, you're killing me with all those first year Buffs. I need one for my type set. When I finally buy one, I hope it's half as nice as some of yours.

Thank you my friend I feel the same way about the pieces you show....Joe

1913-dTYPE1PCGSMS-66SECUREHOLDER001.jpg

1913-dTYPE1PCGSMS-66SECUREHOLDER005.jpg

1913-D type 1 pcgs MS-66 purchased from my ol buddy Andy from "Angel Dee's"....I love this piece, it's hammered and graced with beautiful color....Joe