• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTT- forum not displaying right-Help Please

36 posts in this topic

Im having to post this from my ipad. The forum is not working right on my desktop. There is no background colors, I can see icons and everything else, all pages, looks like its just type written pages. I also am not able to get into my settings and I can type to reply to a thread, hit the submit button but it doesnt do anything. I'm not having any problems any other websites at all. It works fine here on my ipad also. My desktop is windows. Didnt have any problems until today when I turned my computer on like I do everyday. I've also did a system restore that took my pc all the way back to Feb. 2nd. Still no change. Can anyone help me figure this out??? Thanks for any help!!!

Go into My Preferences and check the "Your preferred stylesheet". I currently have mine set to CS_Small_Font

If this doesn't work I don't know whats wrong.

Bobby, there is definitely some problem with the bbs. Same issue here.

MM

EDIT!!!!

Something to do with the way windows handles it, because the display is fine on my ipod. May be a Microsoft update did it. They are famous for updates that screw up things!

I am editing because I can not reply in windows. The "Submit: button does not work. But funny, the "change post" one does.

Maybe Arch will figure it out.

MM

Add me to the list fellas. Same problem here! I'm posting this from my phone. :(

*******EDITED TO ADD

I just switched from Internet Explorer 9 to Firefox and the problem appears to have been solved

Well i'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I've been going crazy trying to figure this out. I stayed up til 1:30am messin with that desktop. lol

Yep, I'm posting from my phone. I have the same issue and I can't login on my desktop. The same thing happened to me about 6 months ago but only lasted a day or less. This is day 2 or 3 for me and it sucks!!

Nick

Well last we had IE issues, I used Firefox. It worked just fine but when the issue was resolved, I went back to IE as I prefer it over firefox. Ya'll may wanna try that until the issue is resolved, I'm sure it will work.

Edit: I only use Firefox so maybe thats why I haven't noticed anything.

I'm sure this is why Jaime. I just prefer IE. I forgot I just did the IE9 upgrade. Didnt think about it. I'm sure its an IE compatibility issue now!

I had to open everything with Google Chrome.. works fine now.

I had to the same. Hopefully the powers that be can figure out what may have happened, but I feel it has something to do with the most recent IE update.

It's not windows, it is IE8 on my computer. Chrome works normally on my Windows 7 64bit and all functions are working. This just occurred sometime during Friday night after 2 am and has persisted all weekend when using IE8. Hope someone has a cure.,

Jim

this is a good reason to just switch browsers. i cant believe this many people still used internet explorer lol. its definitely inferior to the other 2. havent used IE in like a decade. glad its fixed

I had to open everything with Google Chrome.. works fine now.

I had to the same. Hopefully the powers that be can figure out what may have happened, but I feel it has something to do with the most recent IE update.

Same here. First time in 7 years.

Well I like using my yahoo shortcuts and also my norton password manager and neither seem to work on google. I hope ngc fixes the issue with IE.

For me, I use IE mostly due to the fact that my college website had much less issues being accessed by IE instead of google or firefox. Once the problem is fixed here, I will definately be going back to IE.

you can have more than 1 browser , so if you need internet explorer for certain things use it for that, for everything else either firefox or chrome. i heard chrome is pretty quick. personally i've just been using firefox for a long time.

Cool that NGC has fixed it.

Site does seem a bit slow right now though...maybe still working on things?

I use IE and it was definitely on the NGC side as I don't allow updates to my system unless I initiate them, so I knew that it wasn't an update on the client side causing the issues.

Same - I got one "system down for maintenence" message

I am sure that was why it was for a while ...

All looks good now :o)