• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm thinking this one will be pretty lustrous in hand

23 posts in this topic

I love how the luster pours off the coin. I like it a lot, and I think the coin deserved the plus. By any chance, do you know if there is a reason that the seller partially obscured the grade on the holder in his images?

Thanks guys!

Seriously. I feel pretty good about this one.

I purchased a PCGS MS60 green toned Peace dollar last week and I was panned pretty good.

Some said I was totally rodgered.

Perhaps this one will make up for that (although I don't have the MS60 in hand yet).

Pat,

One of the things I like about you is that you have balls and aren't afraid to lay them out there for the mallet ;)

You take chances and sometimes win, sometimes not, but I never ever hear you complain. You take responsibility for your actions and I hope you score.

The coin does look full of luster and I think it will have that inhand as well.

To the above question about why the grade is partially obsured, I don't think the seller did it on purpose, rather, that is how he positioned the lighting and wanted to show the full BOOM of luster and figured having the picture show the grade wasn't as important.

Not everyone takes a ton of time for coin photos, nor may know how to. Sometimes, in doing just a quick picture or two, the photographer has to decide on how much time is worth it and which trait of the coin one wants to highlight.

Thanks guys!

Seriously. I feel pretty good about this one.

I purchased a PCGS MS60 green toned Peace dollar last week and I was panned pretty good.

Some said I was totally rodgered.

Perhaps this one will make up for that (although I don't have the MS60 in hand yet).

i really wanted to get that one, if for some reason you do not like, i will buy it from you

Coin doctor -- it is dipped...

but I like it.

Not necessarily; Peace Dollars were heavily saved (or at least that is my understanding) so it is possible that examples have been stored in dry conditions and kept away from paper or other materials notorious for causing toning. I do believe that there are 89 year old coins that are blast white and not dipped.

Coin doctor -- it is dipped...

but I like it.

Are you calling me a Coin Doctor?! (tsk)

Maybe the PNG needs to expand their definition.

:jokealert:

it has to have nice luster to be 65+

kinda hard to tell what it is going to look like with that spotlight lighting

supply pics when arrives

I would expect a 65+ to have blazing luster. Its part of the grading criteria, and one more heavily weighted than it often should be. The luster on this coin probably bumped it up a half point or so into the "+" category.