• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A newp 1793 Half Cent. PCGS F15 CAC!

24 posts in this topic

First of all, a HUGE thank you goes out to JA and JP for giving me the chance to purchase this wonderful coin. JA had been raving about how nice the planchet and details were on this coin for the grade. He was able to purchase it, and it ended up in my hands through a mutual dealer friend. The details are very sharp and nice. There is minor planchet granularity on the right obverse. Other than that, there are a few circulation related marks. The color is an even chocolate brown, with no red like showing up in the images.

I looked at about a dozen 1793 half cents over the last year, and none had a clean planchet. Even though they were slabbed, they had porosity. I am glad I was patient and waited for the right example to come along.

Feel free to comment and thanks for looking!

Ankur

vqgx34.jpg

That is one nice 1793. I really like it and would love to see pics showing the actual color. I was a bit worried about all that red until I read your description. Enjoy it!

I said it before and I'll say it again- 18th century coinage is where it's at!!

This problem-free piece is a wonderful high end coin for it's grade level!!

Congrats!!!