• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just upgraded my 1920-D SLQ - and I'm thrilled with the newp !!

13 posts in this topic

I purchased the older [ PCGS 63 ] 1920-D from a dealer

that I am very friendly with - and bought that coin with a credit

I had with them. Although I was never thrilled with it - it was a

nice space filler until a better one showed up.

Well, the better one showed up and I think I'm gonna love it.

The old - replaced 1920-D - PCGS 63

59283558-1.jpg

The replacement [ I still need to have the images professionally taken ]

PCGS 64:

c6f530cd-1.jpg

Are you alright ?

You're "booing" that coin ?

:screwy:

When you post 1300 posts in just over 2 months most don't make much sense...

Even without a professional photo the new one looks like it has amazing luster and a nice upgrade. Congrats!

Are those (two) stains at the central portion of the new coin's obverse? Either way, it's luster and strike look far superior to that seen on the other coin.

I need to see a better photo of the new coin. But using this image I don't see how the new one is "far superior" in strike. It most certainly has better Head detail but the rest I'm unsure of. In fact, the right side wing of the eagle looks better on the old one, IMO. But the new coin image is real bright so it could be washing out details. Need better photo.

I'd be concerned about those spots too....but again...it could just be the photo.

jom

I definitely favor the new one, b/c it looks like it has wonderful luster (noticeably better than the other coin, despite the images) and the head looks to be much fuller, too. I see what Mark is talking about but it is not distracting and consistent for the grade. 20-D is a tough date! You did well. :acclaim:

Honestly, I like the old one better.

The new one has a marginally better strike and the pics show good luster, but they old one looks good as well. However, the spots on the new one kill the coin for me. The new one is not better enough to outweigh the spots, if you ask me.

There is really nothing wrong with the "old one" but I never

liked the head strike. It just never fit the look I was after. Its

a nice coin, don't get me wrong, but I prefer the head strike

of the newer one.

To each his own - once the newp is professionally imaged

I'm sure you'll see what I was talking about.