• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gem/ Super Gem Peace Dollars

44 posts in this topic

First post on this forum. I love gem and super gem Peace Dollars. I have recently started collecting these and would love to hear from experts here. All advice is welcome. Here are the ones I have bought till now.

5606578595_1c99a820e8_b.jpg

5798703784_efd91ffdb0_b.jpg

5606578353_14145c64d9_b.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. Some of you must have seen these ATS. I would also like to your collection of Peace Dollar in Gem and Super Gem grades.

Thanks

Bhushan

Very, very nice stuff Bhushan........ the green 2nd opinion stickers don't impress me one bit, but the coins themselves sure do...... (especially that '24)...... I think that you will find this to be a relatively friendly site..... welcome here!

RWB will be along soon I am sure! Nice coins, eventually I will come across a nice 1921 at a price I can afford and have to pick it up, otherwise I only have a couple sitting around. Welcome to the board.

Welcome!! I love the looks of that 1924. that coin is beautifully original and never dipped!! Great strike, too! I don't have any peace dollars but I like the series and think that they have MAD investment potential!!! :thumbsup:

I want to get into the series myself, but I still have a few Roosies from the set I broke up I need to sell first. Impressive coins!!

RWB will be along soon I am sure!

Uh oh....... Hide the women and children....!!!!

Oh, wait a minute, (I was thinking Breen)..... but if it is just RWB, the children will be safe...... (better hide the women though)... ;)

I have heard that he knows a thing or two about Peace dollars.

Very, very nice stuff Bhushan........ the green 2nd opinion stickers don't impress me one bit, but the coins themselves sure do...... (especially that '24)...... I think that you will find this to be a relatively friendly site..... welcome here!

Zeewool, thanks a lot. The 24 is my favorite till now. I need to take some better pictures of the 24 when I get a chance.

RWB will be along soon I am sure! Nice coins, eventually I will come across a nice 1921 at a price I can afford and have to pick it up, otherwise I only have a couple sitting around. Welcome to the board.

Thanks. I am on a lookout for a nice 1921 too.

Welcome!! I love the looks of that 1924. that coin is beautifully original and never dipped!! Great strike, too! I don't have any peace dollars but I like the series and think that they have MAD investment potential!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Walkerfan. I donno about MAD investment potential with peace dollars but I collect them as I find them beautiful.

I want to get into the series myself, but I still have a few Roosies from the set I broke up I need to sell first. Impressive coins!!

Thanks erwindoc.

Zeewool, thanks a lot. The 24 is my favorite till now. I need to take some better pictures of the 24 when I get a chance.

Thanks. I am on a lookout for a nice 1921 too.

Thanks Walkerfan. I donno about MAD investment potential with peace dollars but I collect them as I find them beautiful.

Thanks erwindoc.

YW--They ARE beautiful and I, at least, find them to be a noticeably undervalued set. :)

I've always liked Peace dollars and yours are quite attractive. You have even managed to avoid the ubiquitous milk spots on these issues. My only Peace dollars are a few hundred AU coins bought for bullion.

welcome to the boards and your peace dollars are all really nice coins for their grades and i bet the luster is even better in hand sight seen

Those look like well-above average examples - no spots, strong luster, good strikes. Your eye for these is quite good.

Welcome to the forums, hope to see more coins like those :)

High grade peace dollars are IMO elusive. Finding examples that have a strong strike and blooming luster I find to be a challange. Yours definitely shows those characteristics!

i have some gem 65 common dates, one 65+ that has amazing bright luster and one PCGS OGH 65 that i think i will upgrade, i posted photos awhile ago, it is super frosty, mark free obverse.

I've always liked Peace dollars and yours are quite attractive. You have even managed to avoid the ubiquitous milk spots on these issues. My only Peace dollars are a few hundred AU coins bought for bullion.

Thanks Tom.

I love the subtle rim toning on your 24. There is no shortage of beautiful 1924's.

Nice to have another Peace Dollar enthusiast in the fold.

Thanks again. I will try and take a better picture of the 24 this weekend.

welcome to the boards and your peace dollars are all really nice coins for their grades and i bet the luster is even better in hand sight seen

Thanks Michael. Yes all three of them have booming luster.

Those look like well-above average examples - no spots, strong luster, good strikes. Your eye for these is quite good.

Welcome to the forums, hope to see more coins like those :)

Thanks a lot.

High grade peace dollars are IMO elusive. Finding examples that have a strong strike and blooming luster I find to be a challange. Yours definitely shows those characteristics!

Dave, I completely agree with you on how difficult it is to find nice peace dollar. Another character I am looking for in the coins is to find ones with the least amount of marks on Liberty's face.

i have some gem 65 common dates, one 65+ that has amazing bright luster and one PCGS OGH 65 that i think i will upgrade, i posted photos awhile ago, it is super frosty, mark free obverse.

I would love to see some pics of these.

Welcome to your new home, some nice coins there!

Thanks a lot.

Nice coins!!

Thanks Roger. This means a lot coming from you as your book has been a great asset for me in this endeavor.

Bhushan

Here is one of the first Peace Dollars I bought. I believe this one get a '+' grade if resubmitted. What do you guys think?

5606577483_c53e7216c5_b.jpg

Thanks

Bhushan

i think a solid for the grade to higher end 65