• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTH?

103 posts in this topic

For some reason whenever someone mentions Eddie Haskell (he was a little before my time) I think they are refering to Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation.

Oh, he was another really cool Eddie....

In no way was I implying that those who don't post alot, are bad, or anything like that. My intent was to point out that dimefreak states he doesn't post alot, and only posts here when he 'has a need to'. When he got bammed ATS, he used this as a sounding board. A good portion of his total posts were in this thread only. Given the responses in this thread, it's obvious he isn't making friends here either. I just don't think it right to bring a problem from 'over there' and dump it on the table here.

Just so you all are aware. I dont post here often because I dont have a need to. I am sorry if thats not good enough, but it is what it is.

So, my point is, that his 'need' to begin this thread was to start turmoil HERE for a problem THERE. That is not what this forum is for now, is it? For those that don't post alot (I'm not a prolific poster here, either, obviously, but I DO visit daily, and when there's a thread I can contrbute to, I will), but I don't come running here when I get in trouble someplace else...which is the only reason this thread was started. This thread has nothing to do with coins whatsoever. And, as evidenced by some of the replies, well, it doesn't seem it was too bright of him to begin this thread at all.

Lastly, I'm too young to have actually watched 'Leave it to Beaver', but I DO know who (and what) Eddie Haskell is (I wouldn't want to be called an Eddie Haskell...not a great compliment). And, Cousin Eddie, from 'National Lampoon's 'Vacation' movies, is an out and out riot!

Some folks post in only 1 spot.

Some folks post in both forums.

Some folks post in more than 2.

Some folks don't have that much free time in a day to post everywhere.

Would you prefer that someone post a thread there, and come over here and post the same one?

Would you prefer that everyone only post here?

I read a lot over here, but seldom post....am I bad for that? Do you hate me too?

My reason is that, in MY OWN opinion, that forum is easier to use with the old, antiquidated, software they use. It was also the first one I joined (after RCC). It also moves faster.

Also, the BST flows faster there and, while there is a lot of venom there, there is also a lot of venom here (usually against those that still post there, or from people banned from there against that board/PCGS/DW in general.....there are a least a few members here whose posts seem to focus in that direction quite often).

So, why does it matter if someone is banned there, comes over here and posts, gets reinstanted there, and doesn't come back here to post much? Why not just accept the person as they are, and if they aren't around, then there is nothing to worry about, right?

That said, I like these boards as well, particularly since some of my favorites are here....but, some of my favorites are still over there as well....and since I am not one of those who likes to post the same thing in both places, I usually just post in the spot that makes the most sense for my type of post at the time.

I could not have stated it better! Thanks Ron!

How's this one for you??? Looks like those that didn't take kindly to dimefreak, or MONSTARCOINS, had the correct gut feeling....check out this richard head's latest youtube...boy, looks like he pulled one over on all of us (not)....

nothing this guy does surprises me any more

I have met BNB/Jarret (or Jay) and monstarcoins/Jon in person at shows. And I assure you, they are two different people. I have now devoted more attention to this subject than I should have, so am done.

.check out this richard head's latest youtube

Can't, he's made it private and you have to get his approval to see it.

Basically, Jay stated that he was MONSTARCOINS on the PCGS chat board and that he was real proud that he snookered everybody over there...like it was some sort of vendetta.

I for one don't really care, anyone with an ounce of putor savvy can log on with an alt, especially if you've moved from one location to another.

I would like to have seen that. I'm sure it was wild.

It was totally unexpected, but as we have come to expect from him, it was the usual BNB insanity.....admitting he was really Monstarcoins, who is dimefreak, who is the OP of this thread, and, I quote, "pulling a ruse on us all". BNB just loves stirring the pot. I don't understand how he can set up at shows while knowing alot of people see his shenanigans online, and expect them to take him seriously. Takes big brass ones to do things like this and expect no backlash, to expect people to just not care. At one time, he claimed what we saw on his vids was 'just for entertainment purposes'. It's definitely apparent that his antics on the internet are NOT entertainment, but the real him.

There is an easy fix to the whole fiasco: require every poster to register with NGC through a paid membership for $1.00 that must be paid by credit card (or check for some limited groups, e.g., the elderly), for verification. If NGC wanted, they could then return the funds, so it could essentially be free; however, it would preclude the large number of alts that pop up here and ATS.