• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTH?

103 posts in this topic

Jon, although I did not see it in the PCGS thread, someone told me you posted a picture of a naked woman.

If that is correct, I completely understand your banning. And if not, you might want to contact PCGS and straighten things out.

Either way, I don't understand why Seateddime wasn't also banned.

Jon, although I did not see it in the PCGS thread, someone told me you posted a picture of a naked woman.

If that is correct, I completely understand your banning. And if not, you might want to contact PCGS and straighten things out.

IMO, the term "questionable picture" would be more appropriate instead of "naked woman". Especially since you do not know for sure Mark. Also, if the questionable photo was a link to some online photo, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the photo was changed just to create problems for the poster. It's been done before.

Anyone interested can google MONSTARCOINS JERK and view the cache of at least one page of the conversation.

One aspect than Jon refused to address in that deleted thread was that an ebay account RWOOD5011 was associated with his attempt to pay Seateddimes for the coins involved (his Mother's account, perhaps)

Back in April, this RWOOD5011 account had reported some of my legitimate eBay auctions and sent me harassing messages through the ebay message system that were so bizarre that I posted them on the PCGS board (He knew my Dahlonega gold coin was bad because his aunt collects California Gold, I hope I can get it shut down before someone gets cheated.)

After I posted that exchange on PCGS, I got another ebay message from

RWOOD5011

------

Dear frankcoins,

Oh by the way, you might want to remove my ebay user ID from PCGS forum

before I get you banned from using ebay completley.

thanks

-rwood5011

------

So somebody using this account related to Jon is indeed a "jerk"

IMO, the term "questionable picture" would be more appropriate instead of "naked woman". Especially since you do not know for sure Mark. Also, if the questionable photo was a link to some online photo, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the photo was changed just to create problems for the poster. It's been done before.

Sorry, I disagree. I wasn't told that a "questionable picture" had been posted, but rather, that it was one of a "naked woman". And whether the person was correct or incorrect, I was relaying what I was told.

Alright, I guess thats how it goes. Dont give people with clout an axe to grind. Somebody wasn't happy with me and got me good! I can assure everybody that a naked picture was not posted. If you saw a naked picture posted in that thread or any thread by me feel free to call me out on it. I know somebody with clout that does not like me, maybe he saw it as his opportunity.

Alright, I guess thats how it goes. Dont give people with clout an axe to grind. Somebody wasn't happy with me and got me good! I can assure everybody that a naked picture was not posted. If you saw a naked picture posted in that thread or any thread by me feel free to call me out on it. I know somebody with clout that does not like me, maybe he saw it as his opportunity.
For what its worth, both of you suffer seriously in the communications department as both of your replies to the thread seriously lacked proper punctuation and sentecne structure leaving the reader "open to interpretation".

Given that, I can only begin to imagine the mis-communictions which got this entire fiasco rolling.

Have you contacted Don Willis with your question?

Someone on the PCGS board also recalled a person named "Jon" who bought a 50 peso gold coin and then claimed they never got it. When the seller offered to help fill out a police report and postal inspector report, "Jon" recalled that his wife "Robin" had indeed received it after all. In this new incident, "Robin" is Jon's "mother." When people point out these unusual coincidences and the subject involved does not provide answers, it's understandable that people start to have doubts and try to do online checks to find out who they are really dealing with.

This dude did a freaking background check on my mom ( Which showed nothing bad but still?????????) and passed it around ATS.

That is pathetic; I must have overlooked that thread by accident. What was the impetus for him doing this?

He did a background check on your mother because you initially used her paypal account to pay for an auction item. I see nothing wrong with this since it was a check on the Paypal owner and not just a random "well let's see who his mother is" kinda thing.

That, of course, makes far more sense, and is not anything like the OP made it sound.

The OP made it sound as if his mother was a disconnected third party. That certainly wasn't the case. The point remains...don't give out personal information to people on the internet.

If I was the seller in this instance, I would be irate. It sounds like the deal was muddied by multiple ebay accounts, and multiple paypal accounts being used. And negative feedback to top it off.

That wasn't clear from the post that I was responding to; I still think it is a bit drastic though.

So you think its drastic to do a check when the winner of an eBay auction is not the person that pays for the auction?

My thought was so as long as the item is paid for, who cares? On second thought, however, I see my initial thought was naive as I had not thought about things like charge backs, potentially voiding PayPal guarantees, etc.

If I was the seller in this instance, I would be irate. It sounds like the deal was muddied by multiple ebay accounts, and multiple paypal accounts being used. And negative feedback to top it off.

One Ebay account... and one paypal account thats it......... He made things more complicated when he went against his word and made me pay a second time.

Someone on the PCGS board also recalled a person named "Jon" who bought a 50 peso gold coin and then claimed they never got it. When the seller offered to help fill out a police report and postal inspector report, "Jon" recalled that his wife "Robin" had indeed received it after all. In this new incident, "Robin" is Jon's "mother." When people point out these unusual coincidences and the subject involved does not provide answers, it's understandable that people start to have doubts and try to do online checks to find out who they are really dealing with.

As for this other incident I stopped that in the thread if you might recall. That was pawpaul trying to grind an axe with me because I set him straight when he tried accusing Shane of selling AT coins on Ebay. Before that incident me and pawpaul were freinds and met eachother on a couple occasions. I think when I stuck up for Shane in the aggressive manner that I did Pawpaul was taking back by it and some feelings might have been hurt. Anybody that followed the thread knows I adressed this. I think I made it pretty clear that it didnt matter who wanted to accuse Shane I wouldnt just sit on my tail.

This dude did a freaking background check on my mom ( Which showed nothing bad but still?????????) and passed it around ATS.

That is pathetic; I must have overlooked that thread by accident. What was the impetus for him doing this?

He did a background check on your mother because you initially used her paypal account to pay for an auction item. I see nothing wrong with this since it was a check on the Paypal owner and not just a random "well let's see who his mother is" kinda thing.

That, of course, makes far more sense, and is not anything like the OP made it sound.

The OP made it sound as if his mother was a disconnected third party. That certainly wasn't the case. The point remains...don't give out personal information to people on the internet.

So does that warrant personal messages with her phone number saying he is going to call but doesnt know if he should cuss her out or ask her out? No way should he be taunting me with this info.

So does that warrant personal messages with her phone number saying he is going to call but doesnt know if he should cuss her out or ask her out? No way should he be taunting me with this info.

Of course not. Calling might be appropriate but certainly not threatening to "cuss her out". Of course, only you and he know what exchanges took place either via email or PM.

Since I know why you got banned and do not think it was fair, I also still believe that some serious communication break downs occured. He definitely was not in the right to air them on the CU Forums though.

Have you emailed DWillis yet?

19Lyds...

Why did he get banned...?

This is interesting from ATS...

Thread ATS...

DimeFreak... You got to get one of those hats...

lol what hat would that be?

EDITED TO ADD: I figured it out........ LMAO

Of course not. Calling might be appropriate but certainly not threatening to "cuss her out". Of course, only you and he know what exchanges took place either via email or PM.

Since I know why you got banned and do not think it was fair, I also still believe that some serious communication break downs occured. He definitely was not in the right to air them on the CU Forums though.

Have you emailed DWillis yet?

Yes I just emailed him..... I guess we will see what happends :D

As for this other incident I stopped that in the thread if you might recall. That was pawpaul trying to grind an axe with me because I set him straight when he tried accusing Shane of selling AT coins on Ebay. Before that incident me and pawpaul were freinds and met eachother on a couple occasions. I think when I stuck up for Shane in the aggressive manner that I did Pawpaul was taking back by it and some feelings might have been hurt. Anybody that followed the thread knows I adressed this. I think I made it pretty clear that it didnt matter who wanted to accuse Shane I wouldnt just sit on my tail.

That whole thread left a sour taste in my mouth for a large number of frequent posters ATS. I'm glad that the thread finally died out.

In reference to your other comment, I was not suggesting that it was okay that seller referenced in your original post call your mother and curse her out. I can, however, see him calling her to inquire as to her paying the auction. Anything more would be exceptionally inappropriate.

Anyone interested can google MONSTARCOINS JERK and view the cache of at least one page of the conversation.

I've distilled the six-page thread - click here to see the whole thing in text-only. You can just cut-and-paste into the word processor of your choice.

MONSTARCOINS is back on CU and posting again.

Isn't Monstar and dimefreak the same person? Man...some of these spats are too confusing to follow...

CU = Internet drama at its finest!

jom

I do not miss this at all. Lets keep it ATS where all the children play.

Oh dimefreak, welcome to the land of the bammed. Once past the shock you will find it to be a much better place.

Oh dimefreak, welcome to the land of the bammed. Once past the shock you will find it to be a much better place.

Unless you bring the problems with you. In that case, I have a strict zero tolerance policy. Innocent until proven guilty!

It's hard to believe the both of them weren't banned. To seateddime's defense, monstar/dimefreak reminds me of an Eddie Haskle. His posts all contain "whoa is me" messages. However, as more people chime in, and facts are revealed, it's no surprise he has so many issues with people. He initiates his own problems. Drama is his sport.

It's hard to believe the both of them weren't banned. To seateddime's defense, monstar/dimefreak reminds me of an Eddie Haskle. His posts all contain "whoa is me" messages. However, as more people chime in, and facts are revealed, it's no surprise he has so many issues with people. He initiates his own problems. Drama is his sport.

People that know me know Im pretty much about business and I take it seriously. From day one a lot of folks have loved to hate me. Maybe its because I was always taught that it dont matter who it is you always speak your mind. I dont bow down to anybody.......... I guess that might be why I have always had so much respect for Mark Feld. Everybody always thought Mark played devils advocate for sport. I think Mark just calls a spayed a spayed. Id rather give my actual opinion than lie to make someone happy.

Either usage is logical, actually.

Considering the Subject under discussion, it would seem more so that "spayed" is proper.

Mark, has always impressed me as a seeker of logic as opposed to an advocate of argument.

The Right and/or Wrong of the participants in the rather convoluted cyber wordwar is not for me to question or conclude.

But, (there is always a "but"), this type of playground challenge is exactly the reason I excused myself from the PCGS Fellowship.

I would not want it following me here.

Want Drama? Visit a VA Hospital this weekend, and the issue under discussion will indeed be metally set aside as less than Phlo-em.

Respectfully,

John Curlis