• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you play Numisma-Quest?

Should the rule for the trivia game, "the first person to answer correctly", be changed?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should the rule for the trivia game, "the first person to answer correctly", be changed?

20 posts in this topic

Those of you who play the trivia game every Friday know that under the current rules, the winner is the first person to answer correctly.

Do you hover over your computer every Friday about 5:00 PM, and refresh the page every 10 seconds to get an early headstart when the question is posted?

Do you not bother playing because you'd be responding too late, and someone else has surely posted the correct answer?

Is it impossible for you to play because you are either still at work or fighting traffic on the way home?

Do you think this rule should be changed to make it more fun to play?

Do you think changing the rule would encourage more people to play?

Do you think that it would be better to throw all of the names with the correct answer into a hat for a random drawing?

Your comments and/or suggestions are appreciated. Please take the time to place your vote in the poll.

Thanks,

Chris

I know you have mentioned this in the past, Chris.

I did? I sure don't remember. Um, does anyone remember where I live?

Chris

I play, and I seldom get on right when the question comes out, half the time I answer on Saturday in hopes of winning the random second prize!

I play and I was lucky enough to even win once ( I even have the signed Buffalo Nickels book to prove it) But I have a hard time remebering what time the question comes out. You see here in NZ it comes through between 8 and 9 am on the Saturday. So most of the time I play just for the fun of it and maybe 2nd prize.

I know you have mentioned this in the past, Chris.

I did? I sure don't remember. Um, does anyone remember where I live?

Chris

Florida :grin:

No he doesn't. Chris is the one from England.

I posted I like the way it is. I think there are soo many off us in different times zones that the time of day is no biggie. I do believe it would be a little fairer tho' if all the right answers were shuffled to pick a random winner.

I posted I like the way it is. I think there are soo many off us in different times zones that the time of day is no biggie. I do believe it would be a little fairer tho' if all the right answers were shuffled to pick a random winner.

You're contradicting yourself, Bobby. Under the current rule, the first person with the correct answer wins. The change I suggested is to draw a name at random from those who answered correctly.

Chris

You're contradicting yourself, Bobby. Under the current rule, the first person with the correct answer wins. The change I suggested is to draw a name at random from those who answered correctly.

Chris

Well because I don't think they should change all the rules. Just the winner part so more people have a chance of winning without the fact of having to get in the fastest.

I like it the way it is. I answer when I remember to check the forums, usually Fridays are my date night with the wife, but sometimes I am online. I have been fortunate and won recently. It was the question about how many coins in a mint set in 1949...the year my mom was born and I have been watching for one of these for a while.

As far as the random part, they do that already by picking one correct answer at random for the second place prize.

I look at the quest even if it is too late to answer just because I like the trivia. Possibly getting a prize for learning something is just a bonus!

Where is the "What the heck are you talking about?" option?

Use Option 6 or Option 7...............it doesn't make any difference.

See how considerate I was to include these two options for the anonymous critters?

Chris

See how considerate I was to include these two options for the anonymous critters?

Chris

Neither 6 or 7 fit. If I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about then why would I either tell you to quit whining or that you need something else to occupy your time?

Chris

Neither 6 or 7 fit. If I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about then why would I either tell you to quit whining or that you need something else to occupy your time?

The trivia game held every Friday on the Numisma-Quest page.

Chris

I like it

although 5 or 5:30 EST is late lunch time west coast

it would be more interesting if could start on Sunday mid afternoon

but NGC employees probably don't like working Sundays

and may even being staying later on Friday than they would prefer

so the way it is sure beats nothing, and many are rather challenging

that can't be answered with a quick internet search