• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post whatever you like!

98 posts in this topic

I was playing with the camera today and thought I'd share a few.

I hope it's o.k. if I sneak a world medal in. :)

Please feel free to post your pics too. I like looking at coins!

salisburycathedralrevcrop.jpg

salisburycathedral2.jpg

1918-dSLQanacs40.jpg

I love the toning on that SLQ!!

The first 2 pictures are by me and the 3rd is thanks to Coindude.

110480.jpg.3e202aa4797b9fa72daa2f8826a9ba0a.jpg

110481.jpg.36f062bb0ad7750bbfd66eba7793143e.jpg

110482.jpg.881adfddeb3550f4abeb439b64eed4a6.jpg

I was there!

I was at the 1964 WF in NYC, but they didn't have any tokens at the Brass Rails scattered throughout the grounds.

Chris

044-1.jpg

This is the obverse of a 26-P and the reverse of a 36-S, it's amazing how the toning looks as if were the same coin. Just an early April fools joke, because as you know you can't fool anybody on April 1st :devil:....It's just like the coin above, it belongs to Lance. But it's not real, it's a picture out of a book , or something... :grin:

Img19037.jpgImg19038.jpg

Img19045.jpg

Img19046.jpg

Quote from Hibler & Kappen:

Medal commemorates 100th anniversary as territory, not statehood, wisconsin having been admitted to the Union May 29, 1848. Legislature created Wisconsin Centennial Inc. 1933 with $500 appropriation, later increased. Celebration was state wide, highlight being presentation of pageant, "Centennial Cavalcade of Wisconsin," in the stadium of University of Wisconsin, Madison, June 27-July 5, 1936; "witnessed by at least 75,000 spectators."

This was official medal, sponsored and designed by Commission, 1500 pieces struck in Bronze, sold for $1.

Obv. Capital building, clouds behind; at base on small ribbon 1936; smaller ediface to L; at base, on small ribbon 1836; avove all, around Wisconsin Territorial Centennial; below all is prone animal (badger?) on dotted line.

Rev. Eagle in upper center panel; to L 19/ June / 27, to r. 36/ July/ 5' above at border Madison' below panel Official/Wisconsin/Centennial/Celebration; stars all around at border.

HK-696. Bronze Size 24. Very scarce.

Late die state. Tough to find with original packaging and no, I wasn't there. ;)

Hey Lance, did you get the Lennon £5 coin in a PCGS holder?
No, haven't sent it in, Bob. Not sure I will.

You have one. I saw your pretty pictures. Did you submit it?

Lance.

Hey Lance, did you get the Lennon £5 coin in a PCGS holder?
No, haven't sent it in, Bob. Not sure I will.

You have one. I saw your pretty pictures. Did you submit it?

Lance.

No. Yours looked like it was in a holder. I don't have any plans on submitting it.

I hate the risks of handling proofs. So I shot the coin in its original holder. IIRC, I opened one side so as not to shoot through plastic.

I can see why you guessed it might have been in a PCGS slab.

Lance.