• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1913-S type 1 Buff, rare condition on this one....

13 posts in this topic

I had the opportunity to purchase this coin, and I couldn't pull my wallet out fast enough, I wanted this coin, BAD!! Soooo, here it is in all of it's glory, it's is beautiful, at least to me. It's well struck and frosty, the luster is unlike any other S type 1 I've ever seen, so I happily added this coin to my collection. The 13-S type 1 is not known for they're great strikes and that's what makes this coin so rare and beautiful to me. Thanks for looking and I would love to hear any comments on this coin....Joe

014-1.jpg

016-4.jpg

029-2.jpg

I don't see how a Buffalo could be struck any better than that one. I see nothing missing at all. How did it miss an even higher grade?? Beautifull!! (worship)

Wow, Joe. That's about what I can say--Wow! You must have one beautiful buff collection.

Are your coins in a registry where I could view them? If so, tell me how to see them. Again, Congratulations on a beautiful super well struck coin.

Jim

Wow, Joe. That's about what I can say--Wow! You must have one beautiful buff collection.

Are your coins in a registry where I could view them? If so, tell me how to see them. Again, Congratulations on a beautiful super well struck coin.

Jim

I haven't even thought about a registry set, I'm just a collector of Buffalo Nickels. I love the series and the colors that sometimes accompanies these beautiful nickels. The design is of the most lovely of all U.S. coins, at least I think so, the way the devices fills up the planchet, especially the the type 1 is just so appealing to me. I have funneled all of my interest in coins to this one series and can't seem to get enough. As far as seeing all of my collection, I will put something together one day and share them with ya. It's just I have so many that I haven't come up with a good method.

Thanks a bunch for your comments, it sure is nice to hear such comments, especially when so much time and money has gone in to this collection. It is appreciated.....Joe

Boy, that is one heck of a coin !

Very nice

I can see how someone can get carried away by the series. They're great......

Paul

I don't see how a Buffalo could be struck any better than that one. I see nothing missing at all. How did it miss an even higher grade?? Beautifull!! (worship)

^^