• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A common date Morgan newp

31 posts in this topic

I normally don't collect this kind of stuff but I couldn't stop looking at this coin so I bought it and ................ I still can't stop looking at it. Too bad it isn't a better date? :)

82-0-morgan-error.jpg

What a great error, I've often wondered, what does the edge look like on a coin like that, is it plain? reeded? partially reeded?

That's really cool stuff.....not sumthin' u see everyday (or ever)! The off-center strike is DRAMATIC making it even more valuable. Not my thing.... but some guys will pay A MESS of money for that type of coinage. Definitely an interesting oddity. Not to mention it looks to be very high grade.

Too bad it isn't a better date?

As far as the mint error is concerned anything out of New Orleans is a far better date then Philly, Denver, or San Fran.

Glad to hear you still can't stop looking at it, now watch out as these puppies are addictive! ;):P

All I can say is.... Broad is gonna be jealous!!

Nope not at all as Boiler78 contacted me the night before buying it and I knew it's whole history.

Now if it was bag toned and that far off center I might be jealous? ;):P

FYI Boiler78 this one below is available for $100K if you newp gets lonely? :D

1642277-003o.jpg

1642277-003r.jpg

Boiler,

I'm only seeing a pic and I can't stop looking at it.

Broadstruck,

Tryin' a little 1-upmanship?

Oh not at all as I'm just picking on Boiler78 a bit.

I don't own that 45% O/C and it is the furthest off center known.

Boiler78 made a very wise purchase IMHO as his example is very off center but still dated.

Even if I had a $100K budget for an very O/C Morgan I'd buy the same coin Boilder78 purchased in a heartbeat!

I am glad ya'll like it (I can use ya'll because I lived in Georgia for 16 years :grin: ).

I definitely would not have bought the coin without BROADSTRUCK's input. I liked it well enough but had no clue about rarity or relative value until our conversation via PM. In fact I had a late morning flight out of Baltimore and hadn't planned to go back to the show but woke up thinking about this coin and a Technicolor gold note I'd seen the day before. I managed to buy both in the 30 minutes I had to spare before heading for the airport ........ which made for a very productive show.

I am glad ya'll like it (I can use ya'll because I lived in Georgia for 16 years :grin: ).

I definitely would not have bought the coin without BROADSTRUCK's input. I liked it well enough but had no clue about rarity or relative value until our conversation via PM. In fact I had a late morning flight out of Baltimore and hadn't planned to go back to the show but woke up thinking about this coin and a Technicolor gold note I'd seen the day before. I managed to buy both in the 30 minutes I had to spare before heading for the airport ........ which made for a very productive show.

Where's the note hm

Ooohhh, ahhhh....all Boiler's posts prompt a reaction from me akin to those of children at the fireworks display on the 4th of July...