• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Automated Postal Centers and insured first class mail

13 posts in this topic

Is this combination possible at the automated machines? The only extra service for a first class letter it offered was certified mail. No nonmachinable .17c surcharge (rigid padded mailer), no insurance. It did offer to let me buy three .41c stamps, though, since the one didn't meet the $1.00 minimum. mad.gif

So, did they really screw up this good concept or did I just miss something?

That's what I thought too, but I (or the two other people that were there) sure didn't see it as a menu option.

Well, I went back and that does appear to be the case. No insurance offered for first class letters. However, it does offer insurance for large sized letters and packages. I just paid the extra .22c for a large letter. I did see an option to pay less for prestamped envelopes, though, so I suppose I could have told it there was .22c on there already and paid postage for the right amount. confused-smiley-013.gifsleeping.gif

I believe you can purchase up to $200 in insurance from these machines. Above that you need to stand in line.

My local machine recently went up to $500.

I believe you can purchase up to $200 in insurance from these machines. Above that you need to stand in line.

Perhaps they all did with the rate change? I know it was $200 before the change. Or perhaps you live in a better area with less scammers?

Perhaps they all did with the rate change? I know it was $200 before the change. Or perhaps you live in a better area with less scammers?

I think it was before the rate increase, they had a little sticker that went right over the old $200 text.

1)I think they just take credit and debit cards.

2)It has a scale + you tell it what service you want yeahok.gif and it calculates the postage.