• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossing the street

29 posts in this topic

Figured I would cross the street, fixing to submit a group of coins for grading, don't care for the cost of PCGS or their self imposed rules on grading Uncirculated Silver Eagles. I don't know if it's just me but I haven't seen Milk Spots on Eagles in NGC slabs (makes me wonder if PCGS handling causes more spotting?) I do know if I want a 70 grade on a coin worth a 70 grade this is where I need to be.

Thanks to NGC for the board.

Welcome TEX ...

I have seen spotted wonders in NGC PCGS and ANACS ... Its a coin problem and not the tpg

good luck on the submission

MIke

welcome texast to the boards. as far as across the street and slabs and milk spotting and such keep in mind that there are coins (including silver eagles) that come from the mint and 'spot' in the mint slabs too. so i'm not sure that the tpg's contribute to the spotting after they slab them. but it does make one wonder why a tpg would state that they won't assign a 70 grade in case the coin does 'spot'.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

Welcome Texast. I just posted on the tangents board concerning PCGS prices. Funny you should bring that up. Hope you stay and enjoy yourself. You will find a totally different atmosphere on this side!

Texast...welcome to the forum. Knowledge abounds in this consortium. By all means, if you have any questions about coins, services please ask.

hi.gif

Welcome to this side of the street, I believe you will like what is offered. Quite a bit of reality here, with no hidden agendas.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I went ahead and became a paid member a few minutes ago, now I wait for the packet, much to be sent in for grading. Before I ask a bunch of questions on how NGC does things I'll browse the FAQ's and articles.

I am new to this board but not collecting, have been dealing in coins since I was seven years old, had a neighbor down the street that paid me sixty cents for every half dollar I brought her, when I started I had no idea what she was looking for, but I learned quick, I kept all the Franklins and 64 Kennedy's and sold her the rest, if I needed the money I would sell a few 64's, never the Franklins. I would spend my time going store-to-store asking for half dollars from all the cashiers. It wasn't bad money in 1967 for a seven year old, and that got me hooked, I learned what to collect and who wanted to buy them.

Again thanks for the welcome.