• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This 1808 Capped Bust half-dollar is dull & pasty! Dip it? Strip it? Flip it?

20 posts in this topic

Where's the poll? wink.gif

A nice dip in some acid and a scrubbing with some car wax ought to make it look nice.

devil.gif

BTW, if you are looking to get rid of it... I will take it off your hands and spare you the trouble of cleaning. After all, I already have a container of fat free dip...

Sell it as is. You can't make this better by fooling with it.

There are people who don't mind this look at all, and sure beats pasty, dull white. thumbsup2.gif

How about just a light wash to remove some of the pastiness?

It should retain it's "original" look with some dirt removed and a LIGHT lightening of the surfaces.

I think this is a beautiful coin. Nearly 200 years old and she's still smiling? Great coins they made in those days. Don't do anything to it other than sell it if it bothers you to someone who would enjoy the coin. Hope you make the right decision.

Bury it 6 inches in your yard for 1 year and every morning walk outside and take a leak on the spot you burried it. After one year dig it up and see what it looks like.

JJ

Dip it? Strip it? Flip it?

Shoot it.

Hoot

Ship it!

Whip it! Whip it good!! headbang.gif

Scott hi.gif

Crack that whip!

I'm assuming that everyone knows that I wouldn't even think of doing the slightest alteration to this coin!! I absolutely love it, and it is as thoroughly as original of a coin as it could possibly be. I graded it VF-20+.

Dip it? Strip it? Flip it?

Shoot it.

Hoot

Ship it!

Whip it! Whip it good!! headbang.gif

Scott hi.gif

Crack that whip!

I'm assuming that everyone knows that I wouldn't even think of doing the slightest alteration to this coin!! I absolutely love it, and it is as thoroughly as original of a coin as it could possibly be. I graded it VF-20+.

I am tellin' ya...gullible gullible gullible 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll buy that for a dollar!

A bust dollar?

SOLD!

27_laughing.gif

Done deal, as soon as I get the next shipment in from Shenzen...