• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cross Overs Worth the effort?

9 posts in this topic

I'm new to the board, thank you for taking the time to read this. I have a simple question (or maybe not) :confused

I just aquired a set of 99 Silver Proof Statehood Quarters slabbed and certified PF-70DCAM by IGC. wink.gif Seeing how the price was reasonable, I snapped them up. My question... Is it reasonable to send these 5 coins in for cross over to NGC? confused.gif

As a new member to NCG, I have a certificate for 5 "free" submissions. If they do indeed cross over it is well worth the cost of shipping. Not to mention it would give me 2 full PF-70 sets of Statehood quarters. (in NGC) laugh.gif

Your Opinions please. Oh and thank you in advance you your replies.

John insane.gif

The services will not cross MS/PF70s. You will need to crack them or request "Cross at Any Grade".

Personally, I'd use the coupon for higher value coins.

NGC is more than likely going to grade the coins PF69 UCam. If you look at the pop reports, for example the Silver Proof Half, 2100 are 69 Ucam and only 150 PF70. Pretty much all denominations follow the same pattern. I just sent in two raw sets and every last coin came back 69 UCam. So it is an uphill battle. You might get lucky, who knows? grin.gif

The services will not cross MS/PF70s. You will need to crack them or request "Cross at Any Grade".

Well GOOD. NOT what I was wanting to hear. Oh well, chit happens.

I can't see breaking the IGC slabs on a faint maybe.

Hummmm Bait/Fodder for E-Bay maybe?

Thanks for the reply's

John

Welcome liljohn. hi.gif I agree with everyone else here also. Probaly would not cross over at the same grade. ICG is a good TPG but I don't really think that they are as meticulate as NGC. Probably would drop to 69's.

Welcome to our friendly little neighborhood!

I would not waste five good submissions on ICG anything-70s - even cracked out. It's almost guaranteed they'll come back 69 at best, and 68 is a strong possibility, based on the ICG so-called "70s" that I've seen.