• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1400 FEEDBACK *GIVE AWAY* Morgan or a Morgan WINNER REVEALED!!!!!!!!!

24 posts in this topic

The winner is .... grin.gif Well first let me tell you what I did smile.gif

I made a list when a person posted to the thread and gave him a position number by post number there were 42 altogether

I took a set of 42 numbers and randomized that and posted each person to that random set of numbers

Then I Randomly picked a number ( Generator ) from 1-42 to pick the winner so BOTH your position and the winner were randomly generated.

The winner is ... HE is gonna LOVE this .....

MunkyMan95

PM me with yer info and you have a choice of Either coin 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gifhi.gif

Mike

Great fun! Congrats again on 1405-probably already higher. Thanks for allowing us to play in your game--cool deal!

Chad-congrats on winning!

Jim

Way to go Chad! I hope your not totally bummed out about getting that old morgan instead of the shiny new Liberian issue.

Congratulations again on the great feedback, Mike. I'm already looking forward to your 1500 smileys.

Matt

I gave him his choice as I knew he wanted the Liberian too

Haven't hard from him tonight ...

Mike,

I intended a little humor for Chad although thats easily lost when posting in a forum. I figured (maybe incorrectly) that the 1897 US morgan was preferable. Until your 1400 feedback thread, I had never heard of a Liberian morgan. What was the political or historical motivation for Liberia making a coin copying G. T. Morgans lady liberty?

Matt

What was the political or historical motivation for Liberia making a coin copying G. T. Morgans lady liberty?
Many countries make tribute NCLT primarily to make money. This includes small countries like Liberia and big countries like the US (e.g. ASEs, AGEs, SF Old Mint reverses, etc.). Two small countries that make US-related NCLT are Liberia and the Marshall Islands. Liberia has a long history with the US because it was founded by Americans in 1822 through the American Colonization Society. The Marshall Islands were once a territory of the US like the Philippines.

BTW, congrats on your feedback Mike! I hope you like your coin Chad - let us know which one you pick smile.gif

THANKS GUYS!!!

Computer was on the fritz, get back today and I won!!! Awesome!!!!!

Thanks Mike! Thanks everyone else for participating, and allowing me to choose the higher prize!

THANKS GUYS!!!

Computer was on the fritz, get back today and I won!!! Awesome!!!!!

Thanks Mike! Thanks everyone else for participating, and allowing me to choose the higher prize!

They are worth about the same as the grade is MS61 ...

There's no way that coin is an MS61, but I'll go with the Liberian. Munky like da shiny tings! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I like shiney tangs too

Zoins,

Thanks for the history links. I chased them for a little while as it was interesting reading. Back when I was a teenager, the time I was supposed to be learning history was actually spent daydreaming about fighting pirates in spaceships! (or was that geography...)

Matt