• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Follow the lead - Country, denomination, date or the profile on the Obverse.

257 posts in this topic

Ok, this might be one of the only chances I get to "follow the lead" with a Queen Victoria bust. This one is a token from 1837, but any other coin with Queen Vic will get you back on track. ;)

117403.jpg.75e63bdd756b89e23ba4a82cea4b291d.jpg

I should follow this with my 1882-H $2 Newfoundland Vicky .... but that wouldnt be nice (hehehe)

There are a few of us here that would like that very much.

While you procrastinate here is another Victoria.....

1862_GBHalfPenny-1.jpg

This came in the new NGC pre-scuffed holder. :whistle:

I see I'm not the only one who has noticed that. On the other hand, even despite the couple scuffs, that is a BEAUTIFUL coin! I love the young bust Victorias. :) (thumbs u

I see I'm not the only one who has noticed that. On the other hand, even despite the couple scuffs, that is a BEAUTIFUL coin! I love the young bust Victorias. :) (thumbs u

Made under Victoria but not depicting her ... it's Great Britain though!

117474.jpg.7fd0bacb881731b6d293f40493fae16d.jpg

Sticking with the Newfoundland theme.....

1166943_Full_Obv.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard to find another $2 coin. :whistle:

Terrific looking coin. I kick myself every time I think back to a time when these Newfie $2 coins could have been pruchased for under $300 each. Unfortunately, seems enough collectors have discovered the series since it is possible to put together a nice set, and then the upward price of gold...,, Long and the short of it, boy have they ever gone up in price. About as much as any world gold coin out there, at least by percentage gain.

Since you gave me an opening, and I did promise HiHo that I would post my Newfoundland Vicky after I got back Stateside, here it is ... Untitled.jpg

I bought this beauty back in 1995 and it's been sitting around my safety deposit box with no one but me to admire it so it's about time to share it and a few of my other goodies.

Yes, it's raw like most of my collection, but the marks you see in the images are on the 2x2. I think it's about time for me to move it into better storage but still debating airtites or ... gasp ... a tomb (slab).

50d8d8e18f7b5.jpg50d8d8eaaf4b5.jpg

Since you guys ignored me last time, I think I will stay with Victoria!

Your last two posts didn't have pictures. The main purpose of the thread is to post pictures of your coin to follow the lead.... :)

Nice Vickie there!