• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fun with ICG - My Long Journey Toward Dementia

117 posts in this topic

ICG graded very well their first year of operation, and I have owned a number of nice coins graded in that year. Too bad ICG's reputation has deteriorated to put them now out of the PCGS/NGC/ANACS group.

I don't put ANACS in that group either. Not after James Taylor bought the company and started over grading moderns to sell on TV.

Scott

Agreed!

Chris

ICG graded very well their first year of operation, and I have owned a number of nice coins graded in that year. Too bad ICG's reputation has deteriorated to put them now out of the PCGS/NGC/ANACS group.

I don't put ANACS in that group either. Not after James Taylor bought the company and started over grading moderns to sell on TV.

Scott

First Tier---NGS & PCGS

Second Tier---ICG & ANACS

Everyone else

Scott

First Tier---NGS & PCGS

Everyone else

1st Tier - NGC (based on friendliness & customer service)

2nd Tier - PCGS

3rd Tier - ANACS & ICG (in alphabetical order)

4th Tier - Doesn't matter!

Chris

Scott

First Tier---NGS & PCGS

Everyone else

2nd Tier - PCGS

Chris

I agree with Chris

2nd Tier - PCGS

Chris

I agree with Chris

I also agree 100% (thumbs u

2nd Tier - PCGS

Chris

The problem with this theory is that prices don't reflect that. Although, I have to agree that NGC has better people, more friendly and better customer service, the prices realized would tend to differ from that opinion.

1st tier: PCGS (only because of prices realized)

1st tier lower level: NGC

2nd tier: Is there anyone you'd really trust after this?

3rd tier: ANACS

4th tier: ICG and probably DCGS (I think that's the name)

Anyhow, sorry to disagree with you guys, but that's the reality here.

Funny stuff, This is now on my watch list. I hope others will bite on it and post their favorite items when they get them slab. I just can't believe it. But maybe ICG doesn't grade all items (or most) anymore.

Thanks for the great reading. I am glad It was brought back to the top again since I am new to here.

Bob :signfunny:

Rumor has it that when certain leading variety experts die and are embalmed ICG has expressed its willingness to produce a special huge sarcophagus slab with custom details on the label for the big event!

Does gmarguli post anymore?
Yes--from time to time.
it's been about as rare as a James post as of late! I miss those sometimes angry Greg offerings. plus he always had the angry smiley working for him.

Rumor has it that when certain leading variety experts die and are embalmed ICG has expressed its willingness to produce a special huge sarcophagus slab with custom details on the label for the big event!

It is net-graded for improper handling................"Details - Pallbearers"

Chris

Have you tried numismatically themed chocolate wrapped in foil? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Have you tried numismatically themed chocolate wrapped in foil? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, Tom, move them back and forth from the refrigerator to the top of a radiator and see if they tone.

Chris

(thumbs u

This thread always makes me chuckle.

They certified a few worthless tokens that a dealer chose to submit; and they did not certify the fish hook.

The only reason they didn't certify it was because it didn't come with the "line & sinker". What bidiot in his right mind would go for it?

Chris

They certified a few worthless tokens that a dealer chose to submit; and they did not certify the fish hook.

The only reason they didn't certify it was because it didn't come with the "line & sinker". What bidiot in his right mind would go for it?

Chris

I can agree that they would do well to have a standards on what is eligible for certification. However, it is not as though they put out a full page ad in CoinWorld offering to slab mint set tokens and the like. From their perspective, they were accommodating a paying customer.