• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,606 posts in this topic

Not to be a butt, but how does a 55 DDO follow a large cent?

Year or type are the only ones I thought could follow. You need to post another Classic Head Large cent, or something from 1814.

My ONLY '55 is from Egypt. The 5 Pound Chariot. I am smitten with the design.

egypt5pdobvbs8.jpg

This pic is better than the attachment.

That's very cool. I like the chariot as well. Do you know what the words say and/or who designed it?

Sorry, I broke my own rules. Over time the thread gets a bit messed up and stuck in really early coins. Not as many folks are able to join in. I have bumped the date 2 or 3 times since I started the thread to help keep it active.

If anyone has a type they really want to go to, please say so and I bet folks here can lead the thread that way. smile.gif

saen78 that one looks like a proof?

Hi Lee, Here is a different shot of it , It is MS and also a Bugs Bunny variety

thumbsup2.gif

0000326sb6.jpgx869bed3.jpg1a5c1qq2.jpg

If I could only have one Franklin in my collection, I would want it to be that coin!

Decent grade, toning, eye appeal, and Bugs Bunny to boot! AWESOME!

Nice '62 Irvin. Here is one that I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity for Sy (SkyMan). NGC PR67 UCam.

58Frankobflo628.jpg

58Frankreflo629.jpg

Nice '48 Rey. thumbsup2.gif

Very attractive '55 Saen78! Unquestionably MS. thumbsup2.gif

Fun '58 Lee. thumbsup2.gif

Good looking '61 Winston! thumbsup2.gif

That's an attractive '62 proof, Irvin. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for imaging the '58 Bob! 893applaud-thumb.gif

58dd-1.jpg

58dd-3.jpg

I'm so glad that the Frankies are finally coming into their own. I've always had a soft spot for them. Here is probably the most common dated cameo. Hoping for DCam, but only made Cameo.

56FrankObv.jpg

56FrankRev.jpg

Copied from the NGC help.

In order to add an image to your message or your signature, you must have the image already available on a web server. This can be an image on your own personal web page, for example. To place an image within a message, simply use the following Markup Tag:

image_name.gif

For example, if you have an image called cateye.gif and its available from your own website at http://www.mywebsite.com/pics, then you would use the following image markup:

cateye.gif

You can do the same for your signature. Click the option found on any page. Then, under the Main Configuration heading, click on "Personal Information, email, password...". Look for the Signature box, and enter your desired information, including any images/markup as above.

Note: To keep the forums loading quickly for everyone, it is recommended that you do not exceed 35k for your image size.

Larry and Bob some beautiful Franklins. Looks dcam to me too Bob thumbsup2.gif

Here is a little date run on proofs grin.gif

1825297-Picture.jpg

1825297-Picture005.jpg

1825297-Picture004.jpg

1825297-Picture004.jpg.83713e1b20a1a81fc1d43dab40d0ff66.jpg

Edited by rrantique

I sent this NGC 68 Cam to NGC for a grade review, hoping for a DCam designation. I knew the odds were long since there are none graded as such. Well, there are still none. But, I did get a new holder for it. I've just been too lazy to re-image it. grin.gif I think the frost fade, the eagle in particular, is probably the main reason that kept it from upgrading.

53FrankObv120.jpg

53FrankRev121.jpg

I sent this NGC 68 Cam to NGC for a grade review, hoping for a DCam designation. I knew the odds were long since there are none graded as such. Well, there are still none. But, I did get a new holder for it. I've just been too lazy to re-image it. grin.gif I think the frost fade, the eagle in particular, is probably the main reason that kept it from upgrading.

53FrankObv120.jpg

53FrankRev121.jpg

I don't think it is the eagle I think it's the bib ,Or the chest if you will, Under the date that is holding it down...I had a 59 that had the same problem and they wouldn't even give it a Cam designation...It did get a Pr 68 star. I auctioned it on ebay and Rick Tomasca won it...If anyone could get the Cam on it he would've...If he did he probably made a Thousand or Two on it..