• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,913 posts in this topic

this is an absolutly wonderful IHC. wtg & nice pick up

Thanks! It took me a while to find a nice RD one. This one has a very small carbon spot on the 6th headdress feather, but the luster and color are really amazing in hand. Now if only it had the "S" ;)

this is an absolutly wonderful IHC. wtg & nice pick up

Thanks! It took me a while to find a nice RD one. This one has a very small carbon spot on the 6th headdress feather, but the luster and color are really amazing in hand. Now if only it had the "S" ;)

thats the next one (worship)

2 wins for me from the just completed first and second sessions of the Stacks/Bowers auction...the dime ( MS68) I got with a live bid on-line and the 1941 Walker I had an internet pre-bid on........both CAC- the Walker PCGS and Merc is an NGC (pop 11)

117617.jpg.4bf950b2fec379778c353c7fd377a7ed.jpg

117618.jpg.55296480834de2a87cfee64c5bd01852.jpg

117619.jpg.3b4dc20dd98118ffe470839e966ebd26.jpg

117620.jpg.a0b8f8d32e66dcded209ab856e0eef42.jpg

Nice Ankur

That 1807 is a reall charmer :)

And as I am after a nice 31 that one renews my faith that there are some nice AU's out there still (thumbs u

Thanks for the nice comments on my dime and hd. The bubble on the obverse of the half dime is pretty cool - an extreme example of a common type of clash with the reverse eagle's left wing imprinted on the obverse die during the clashing event - heck it even has flow lines over it. Note the die crack running from star 7 through the front part of Miss Liberty's profile - this was obverse 2 for this year and was the second use of this die - in the late stage of this obverse in its first use (LM2), the clash and the die crack developed, so this clash is actually from a different reverse (W), than the reverse die used for this die pair (Z). The LM2 variety has an R1 rating - so this obverse was used heavily to the point of cracking and being clashed before its use in LM5 die pairing where they mated it with a different reverse. Interestingly, it was the 3rd use of the reverse Z.

Beautiful pickups everyone!! I'm especially diggin' all the bust coinage.

Well, nothing special on my end but I did manage to upgrade my Morgan set with this 1884 MS66* from Teletrade last night

c31752201-a.jpg