• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,915 posts in this topic

OP - Very sweet coin. Love it !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newp - an addition to my SLQ newest set -

not a FH - but still a decent Head - and - its

$9,000 less than the same coin with an ear hole.

1926-DSLQPCGS64OBVLG.jpg1926-DSLQPCGS64REVLG.jpg

1926-DSLQPCGS64OBVHolder.jpg

Mike, we just need a designation DH for "decent head" lol

Great looking coin!

Lib nickels don't have a designation FC or Full Corn, but if they did, the premium would be stratospheric. I don't know, maybe they should have a Lib nickel designation for the corn grain detail.

CHeers,

OP

Edited by Old Pueblo

I also loved that show - odd-ball British humor -

but funny as all get out !!

I have tried not to double post my newps which

I usually post on the Barber Thread.

If you don't mind wading thru 700 posts -

you'll see what is my primary focus.

But I will post this one Barber because I

litterally stumbled across this coin on a B&M

internet only auction last night.

Its an 1893-P Half in an ANACS 58 holder -

and its got the TDR designation on the holder.

1893-PHalfANACS58OBVTDR.jpg1893-PHalfANACS58REVTDR.jpg

Nice one OP, I saw that one too, but I was traveling at the time and missed it!

I got the German one in the mail from a friend in Germany today, and the French one I picked up for melt value at the local coin show today!

106210.jpg.a75155ca5b0efa5db44ecad4e9e2a605.jpg

106211.jpg.ae805937512ecea1912b9dba0cd669ed.jpg

106212.jpg.db8a6b85e7ae62e66f1b6240db3d0518.jpg

106213.jpg.540aa797d0e222aada6ae8790630bb53.jpg

Some Type Set additions: :)

halfcent_1834_pcgs64bn.jpg

Even chocolate brown in color, and displaying excellent design detail, owing to a solid strike. Struck from lightly clashed dies, with each side showing some details from the other. Free of distracting streaks, spots or stains, and with very clean surfaces.

nickel_1934d.jpg

Gorgeous multicolored toning can be seen at portions of the periphery on each side, including a rainbow band at the lower left obverse border. A great looking Buffalo Nickel, which looks even better in person.

Wow!! Some great additions since my last visit. Lee, I love the Half Cent. HT, your 1877-CC Seated Dime and 1855-O Half Dollar are awesome. Some nice darkside pickups as well.

Won this at the last Heritage auction. Was auctioned as a 1929 NGC MS62 FH. I didn't notice until I started taking photos that it was a 1929-S. I don't think there is any increased premium, but for some reason I like the S mintmark on it. It has nice color with a satiny luster, but is definitely a late die state. Love the character.

2863ec76.jpg

bb0f0102.jpg

My two newps were from the last Heritage auction also. It is really quite amazing to me just how misleading HA photos can be, both of my pieces had much more toning than what the HA pics have - it is as if they want everything in sliver to be blast white...

That is one lovely lady Robec, and I will trade my 1834 half cent with yours any day leeg - OP I am always envious of your presentations.

upgraded my 1934..the reverse was what really sold me..

I don't know, that sunburst color radiating from the sun looks warm and appealing.

Great looking coin!

I have always loved the Rev of the WLH. I don't know why I don't buy these. Very nice Half Jackson!!

Took the words right from my finger tips. (thumbs u Thanks Bobby