• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Very nice Morgan....what does something like that run?

jom

Some common date Morgans are surprisingly very affordable. Non toned problem free examples of an 1881-s can be had for anywhere between $650 and $750.

Very nice Morgan....what does something like that run?

jom

Some common date Morgans are surprisingly very affordable. Non toned problem free examples of an 1881-s can be had for anywhere between $650 and $750.

Just to clarify his price quote for "problem free examples" is for MS67 coins only. As currently written, one could have interpreted his statement to apply to other grades as well.

For a coin like that it seems relatively cheap. I don't really collect Morgan's so I'm not familiar with prices obviously but I'm betting that coin was priced a lot higher back in the day when prices were skyrocketing.

It would be kinda neat to find one with some toning though... hm

jom

I'm sure glad you made the toning comment Jom. I love toned coins as much as anybody. I don't know if I'm weird or if anyone else feels this way, but when it comes to high grade examples, I'd rather have a white example. I just believe that with all the details that a MS67 or 68 possess, it shouldn't be concealed. That's all the eye appeal I need :)

I just received this 1923 Lincoln, it has not been easy to find all 12 samples.

Just three more to track down and I will have a very cool short set.

Alan

KGrHqEOKpIE5VqtYm-lBOjl8V18Vg_12.jpg

KGrHqIOKokE5lKJ2jf9BOjl8kcHn_12.jpg

Edited by acan451

Cool pickup there Alan.

Well thanks to Frank (BROADSTRUCK) working with me on this coin, I got my first Tx Comm. My budget doesn't really allow me to go to extremes on this issue so I'm perfectly happy with this one.

1934TxComm.jpg

Picked this one up about a week ago. It has a completely PL obverse, and a pretty amazing reverse to boot! And, it was $11.98 including postage! :)

1970D_MS65Star_Dime_obv.jpg

1970D_MS65Star_Dime_rev.jpg