• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

I've just acquired my very first collectible coin. I violated one of my cardinal rules. Never buy with emotion. Would someone please take a look and see if I made some sort of mistake with my first purchase? I paid $79 a piece and please excuse the amateur photo of it.

119456.jpg.e4134ac4a3f4e3e462319531d1be3307.jpg

Nice ASE BobC....MS 69 you can't go too wrong with. I bought one with this label also.... Look at it this way, if it was a mistake, at least you weren't alone!. I suspect the value of the ASE with the San Francisco label is going to be largly dependent on the future of the Mint and if they decide to start putting a S mint mark on the ASE's like they did with the anniversary set. Even if they start doing that, these coins may hold some value down the road somewhere as being "the first" out of the SF mint..... I also don't know how many of them were labeled like this.... That can make a difference obviously as well. Then of course there is "what will the price of silver do tomorrow" aspect.... Who knows.....

I look at it like this. If I put money in the bank, I am getting next to nothing on interest and inflation is going to overcome whatever little interest I might make on the money. Putting money in the stock market.... well, I do have a large majority of my investments in stocks.... I also have some really nice stocks that I could use for toilet paper if they wern't so stiff.... Silver Eagles, while they may never make me rich, I figure they will always be worth *something*.... more than I can say for my stocks I mentioned earlier.....

This one arrived today (after the holiday back-up of packages). I shot the pictures with diffused light to bring out the detail in the strike.

119464.jpg.f2f26c2abd10cad6fe4acc1bf9241cf3.jpg

119465.jpg.b6fb79f25df93bf6cbdbddaf6ea0960c.jpg

can someone here help me on this 1921-D peace dollar, cannot find any info or pics on the one I have, ok thanks

There were NO Peace dollars minted in Denver (D) in 1921, they all came from Philadelphia which did not have mint marks.

Now, there were 1921 P D & S Morgan silver dollars from that year, perhaps it's a Morgan.

wow... nice Liberty half Brg.... the lighting really worked out well....

Sorry... I just drooled on my keyboard..... really, really, nice..... Is that a slight die crack at the top of the wing on the reverse?

Just acquired a new MPL for my set from my buddy Winged Liberty. It will replace a coin that is rated higher in color designation (RB), but not nearly as eye appealing as this one.

1912MPL_PR65BN_med.jpg

Oooooh, Bob, that's a BEAUTY!!! :applause: Congrats on a lovely pickup. (thumbs u

JC10, that's a pleasant looking 1923.

I have to steal Sy's comments. Totally agree! (thumbs u

Oooooh, Bob, that's a BEAUTY!!! :applause: Congrats on a lovely pickup. (thumbs u

JC10, that's a pleasant looking 1923.

I have to steal Sy's comments. Totally agree! (thumbs u

:applause: (thumbs u Very nice HD there HT!

Edited by rrantique

Picked this up back in September for $12. It's graded MS66RB by PCGS. Any comments on the rim? It seems to be a bit "thin" on the left. At first I thought it was just pushed under the PCGS gasket, but I believe what's showing is all there is.

119672.jpg.80b471e97b3272cf760cd983e773b252.jpg

119673.jpg.f3b9389b42be8aeb381db0eb7e274ed4.jpg