• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Very nice coins, everyone! :applause: I particularly like Shane's nickel and Schatzy's Roosies.

The Santa Clara show was pretty much a bust for me. I went on friday and saturday. A LOT of the material on the floor had been messed with. I saw several things that attracted me, but the bottom line prices were more than I was willing to spend.

On saturday I brought my girlfriend to the show, just to give her an idea of what a coin show was all about. Needless to say, this changed the dynamics of how I would normally approach a show. She was originally from Vietnam (she had to flee the country in 1978 as a "boat person"), so we went looking for pre-1975 Vietnamese coinage. We found several pieces, 3 of which I purchased for her for a whopping $9 total.

On another front, just last week I purchased a Lunar SURFACE flown page from the Apollo 17 Lunar Module Malfunction Manual. Specifically the (2-sided) page is one of 10 (2-sided) pages dealing with trouble shooting the Lunar Rov_r (LRV). The page deals with a couple of potential issues the LRV can have occur and gives a flowchart look at how to solve the problems. I will eventually post pix of the pages, but here is a look see at the Manual they came out of. You can see from the second pic some of the subcategories that were in the catalogue. The LRV is the very last category covered. I just got the page today in the mail. It was a lot of fun walking my dog tonight and looking up at the Moon and realizing that something that I had held in my hands today had actually been on the surface.

LM-MalfunctionProcedures.jpg

LM-Mal8-1.jpg

Edited by SkyMan

I blew about 2 months of coin budget on these 2 NGC star coins..do you think the eye appeal is enough that they really deserved the stars? Also this is my first Walker with a star designation

89867.jpg.6bb499d068e12bdf56e348e5b5be4e8b.jpg

89868.jpg.89cac6261d822695d5452b2e37c0aefa.jpg

Edited by jackson64

Congrats Sy :applause:

Nice walker and Merc...the merc certainly deserved the star for color and if the walker is as lusterous in hand as it looks in the image then I could see that one qualifying for the star ^^

Jaxon... I wonder if the half got the star due to the strike alone? I think that is one sweet strike, better hand definition than I've seen on most.. and for those that love breast feathers there are plenty to gawk at. So, yes, I believe they both deserve the star, but the half, not for the color but for the strike.

Nice walker and Merc...the merc certainly deserved the star for color and if the walker is as lusterous in hand as it looks in the image then I could see that one qualifying for the star ^^

Awesome additions everyone. :golfclap:

Awesome additions everyone. :golfclap:

Very nice ya'll!!

Yes, I agree with the majority. Both the walker and merc deserve the star, just from looking at the images. The merc got the star because of the toning, and the walker got the star for super luster and strike, or because if was almost proof-like.

I'm sure they both look much better in hand.

CONGRATS!!! ;)