• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Christmas in April... as Austin Powers would say, "YEAH BABY!"

I just got a package in the mail with 8 PCGS slabbed, envelope toned Franklins. They are not killer color, but they are quite pretty... kind of an opalescent look to them. All of them are technically nice for the grade. Six are definite keepers, and the other 2, while nice, kind of depend on what I drop at Santa Clara. The 2 I'm not sure about are 1959 and 1960, both MS65. The 6 definite keepers are 1950 MS65FBL, 1953 MS65FBL, 1954 MS65FBL, 1961 MS65, 1962 MS65, 1963 MS65. The 1950 and the 1953 DEFINITELY rock.

As Howard Dean would say, "YEEEEHAAAAA!"

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Sy,

Congratulations, always nice to hear good news such as that. The coins sound great. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hopefully this will set the "tone" so to speak for next week. Or at least help a little bit!!!!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Rey

Congrats, are pictures coming soon?

Pictures will be coming, but not anytime soon. I can't image coins worth a dam#, so they will have to be shipped to somebody to image before they can be posted.

Nice going, Sy.893applaud-thumb.gifYou're starting to get like Russ, but instead of Kennedy's, you're taking all the Franklins. Boy I sure wish I would have gobbled them up in the early nineties when I started with them. Who knew (with the exception of Rick Tomaska). confused.gif

He knows Franklins for sure. He sent me an autographed copy of his book when it first came out (after I bought 4 Dcams). At the time I felt that I had more than paid for it. Beautiful book.

Boy I sure wish I would have gobbled them up in the early nineties when I started with them. Who knew (with the exception of Rick Tomaska). confused.gif

Actually the top notch slabbed ones back then were MUCH more expensive than they are now. As the population figures have climbed, the values have decreased... basic Economics 101. My '49-D is a case in point. Of course, I have yet to see a nicer one.

Boy I sure wish I would have gobbled them up in the early nineties when I started with them. Who knew (with the exception of Rick Tomaska). confused.gif

Actually the top notch slabbed ones back then were MUCH more expensive than they are now. As the population figures have climbed, the values have decreased... basic Economics 101. My '49-D is a case in point. Of course, I have yet to see a nicer one.

Well in that case we should have beat Rick to the punch. Maybe the early eighties would have been better.

You got a SECOND one?! WOWSERS!!! Very nice Bob, the detail on those suckers is AMAZING, particularly the 1912. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

It's nice to see images of MPLs, are you putting together a set? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm going to put the Frankies on the back burner for awhile. I am going to see how far I can go with the MPL's. Since I've pretty much shot my budget to *spoon*, more will come sometime later in the future. mad.gif I just bought another one tonight, but won't get it for a week or so. It's a PCGS 1914 PF 66 RB.

I think they are exceptionally gorgeous coins. I also think that for the amout minted, they are undervalued.

Thanks Bobby, Rey and Sy. They make my heart thump.

Sy, I told you about the 1910 in the email. Got one more coming and that is all the coins I'll be getting for a couple of months, darn it! Why couldn't my parent have studied harder in school? cool.gif

Looking forward to seeing the 1914.

Why couldn't my parent have studied harder in school? cool.gif

What, you mean you haven't taught your kids that they must support you in the style you'd like to become accustomed to?!

Looking forward to seeing the 1914.

Why couldn't my parent have studied harder in school? cool.gif

What, you mean you haven't taught your kids that they must support you in the style you'd like to become accustomed to?!

Oh that's a good one. Fat chance. They say I'm on my own! 893whatthe.gif

Super coins. Just what we need, another MPL collector. wink.gif These two arrived today:

1917lincolnobv4A.jpg

1917lincolnslabobv2A.jpg

1920pilgrimobv2A.jpg

1920pilgrimslabobvA.jpg

The reverse on this one has a toning spot that I think is caused by a hole in the slab. I haven't looked that close yet to confirm it. The toning spot is at the bottom of the main mast. Heres a close up of the spot:

pilgrimspot.jpg

Super coins. Just what we need, another MPL collector. wink.gif

You don't need to worry about me, Lee. You're in a different league than I am. hail.gif

How many '17 proofs were minted?

I got these at the coin club meeting on Tuesday night:

2007p1d1.JPG

Then I won this one in the raffle (not bad for $2 in tickets):

1947d10cobv.JPG

1947d10crev.JPG