• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,913 posts in this topic

That is a super Washington cent, Mike. Doesn't that have the edged lettering?

unlike the Washington Liberty and Security pennies, which have edge lettering, I can't find reference to edge lettering on the Washington Small Eagle (which this one is) or the Large Eagle Pennies.

robec1347 - Great Looking Cents and Pics

Leeg- Another great looking cent and the Pilgrim looks like a good shot at a 5

Mikeking - 1791 !!! If only it could talk what stories it might tell

Jtryka - A roll of eagles a day (or even a month) will make your retirement a lot less stressfull when the time comes.

Numismatist - Very colorful Commen. What service did the grading?

Nice coins all thumbsup2.gif

Edited by texasrichard

Numismatist - Very colorful Commen. What service did the grading?

Nice coins all thumbsup2.gif

NGC walk through at FUN - grade was MS66* - It was sold a few days later and the buyer is now using it as his avatar across the street.

Well I know these aren't real and I could never afford the originals so I bought this tribute set of silver bullion morgans. It has a copy of the 1889-CC, 1893-S, 1893-O, 1895-P, and 1878-P. All proof finish anyway. I thought they were nice to have. I gave $36.50 (includes s&h).

ncmmorgans.jpg

I got these at the coin club meeting on Tuesday night:

2007p1d1.JPG

I'd take them out of those soft flips if I were you!

Chris

I got these at the coin club meeting on Tuesday night:

2007p1d1.JPG

I'd take them out of those soft flips if I were you!

Chris

Why? PVC Gooooood insane.gif

Well I know these aren't real and I could never afford the originals so I bought this tribute set of silver bullion morgans. It has a copy of the 1889-CC, 1893-S, 1893-O, 1895-P, and 1878-P. All proof finish anyway. I thought they were nice to have. I gave $36.50 (includes s&h).

ncmmorgans.jpg

Will those tone well? Maybe give it a shot smile.gif

Not after my last little stunt that prompted the post "What's the dumbest thing you ever done to a coin". 27_laughing.gif

They are already out of the flips, clanging around in an envelope full of random silver eagles!

Not after my last little stunt that prompted the post "What's the dumbest thing you ever done to a coin". 27_laughing.gif

Are they all 1 oz of silver?

yea they are Chad. Mirrored proof. The reverse is the same Morgan reverse only at the bottom of them is a ser#.

yea they are Chad. Mirrored proof. The reverse is the same Morgan reverse only at the bottom of them is a ser#.

$36.50?? Where can I get some for that price?!

I got these on Ebay chad. They had a starting of 12.95, no one bid until the last minute, but I had a max of $30. Got'em for that plus 6.50 s&h. Bought them wed and just them today. I know that they are on the National Collectors Mint, they distribute them, but they are 49.95 there. I'll take a good pic of one here in a few and show you waht they look like close-up.

Hey, for $36.50 that is a major score. thumbsup2.gif If they look nice in hand keep 'em. If they don't, flip 'em for silver content at a local coin shop.

I took a some quick pics of the coins I got in today. One is the tribute morgan and the others are 2007 S.E. proof and a 1921D Moragn I got on ebay for $21.00. It sure has some major die cracks circling this thing.

ncm1889ccMorgan.jpg

2007SilvereagleProof.jpg

1921DMorgan-1.jpg

WA-HOO.... It finally arrived!

I'ze so tickled, I could spit.

Been looking for a decent DIME for quite a while.

1807bustdimexf0.jpg

I like it better than some XF's I've been looking at. Fer some reason the dime has been elusive.

Now it can have a home with some other heraldic eagles

bustsigqv8.jpg

Now....for the.... HALF DIME ....

yay.gif

I got these on Ebay chad. They had a starting of 12.95, no one bid until the last minute, but I had a max of $30. Got'em for that plus 6.50 s&h. Bought them wed and just them today. I know that they are on the National Collectors Mint, they distribute them, but they are 49.95 there. I'll take a good pic of one here in a few and show you waht they look like close-up.

I hate to burst your bubble, but they are not one ounce silver each. They are copper-nickel clad, the same material that is used to make our debased coinage, however, each is coated with 51.7mg 0.999 silver. Therefore, the five pieces contain a total of 258.5mg 0.999 silver. To look at it another way, these contain a combined 0.0083 troy oz silver. At $36.50 for the group, you are receiving 11 cents of silver and $36.39 of tribute round, packaging and shipping.

I hate to burst your bubble, but they are not one ounce silver each. They are copper-nickel clad, the same material that is used to make our debased coinage, however, each is coated with 51.7mg 0.999 silver. Therefore, the five pieces contain a total of 258.5mg 0.999 silver. To look at it another way, these contain a combined 0.0083 troy oz silver. At $36.50 for the group, you are receiving 11 cents of silver and $36.39 of tribute round, packaging and shipping.

Tom, then I'm presuming that this certificate that says "Struck in 100Mil. .999 Silver Clad Base" is actually meaning what you're saying? Oh, well, I liked them anyway, that's why I bought them. The silver idea was nice, but I actually got them for the designs. thanks Tom!

Hey Chad, may not be worth the money to you if you were looking at the silver end of it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Tom, then I'm presuming that this certificate that says "Struck in 100Mil. .999 Silver Clad Base" is actually meaning what you're saying? Oh, well, I liked them anyway, that's why I bought them. The silver idea was nice, but I actually got them for the designs. thanks Tom!

Hey Chad, may not be worth the money to you if you were looking at the silver end of it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, the certificate is telling you that they are plated in an extremely thin layer of silver over a clad base. Here is the NCM web page for details.

I read it Tom, just didn't really pay attention to what it was saying. As I stated, I would've bought them anyway. I was going to originally buy them from NCM, but found them on ebay. thanks Tom

WA-HOO.... It finally arrived!

I'ze so tickled, I could spit.

Been looking for a decent DIME for quite a while.

1807bustdimexf0.jpg

I like it better than some XF's I've been looking at. Fer some reason the dime has been elusive.

Now it can have a home with some other heraldic eagles

bustsigqv8.jpg

Now....for the.... HALF DIME ....

yay.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I am very impressed with the quartet, sir! Dang! cloud9.gif

Nice ladys there thumbsup2.gif

I have been spending money on ladys also, it was listed as a 1805 but i think it's a 1803 I will have to see when it arrives 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well back to listing to pay for it thumbsup2.gif before the Missis finds out devil.gif

1739841-1.jpg

1739841-11.jpg

1739841-11.jpg.2fa5d6f197b6d27e54517d123024b9dd.jpg

Edited by dooly