• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,913 posts in this topic

The Fatman has some super early commem's!!!!! cloud9.gif I'd be proud to have any of them in my collection!!!!

I just checked out Fatmans commem collection. Wheeeew - that is quite a collection. 893applaud-thumb.gif The Dahlonegas aren't bad either. I've got one coming back in a bb any day now. frown.gif

I tried the first URL you posted and there was no page. Are you attempting to link the images from the auction? If so, the server they are on might be blocking the attempt.

Hi Tom.

I'm actually trying to link from Snapfish. Part of the problem is I think IE is playing tricks on me. I usually post w/ Firefox, but I'm on my work computer right now. IE only shows the links I posted when I right-click and select "Properties". I'm used to Firefox, where you can actually copy a link to the image itself.

Can some kind person please put these in for me? I've tried using the IMG tags, but it's not working. It must function differently from ATS. frown.gif

Astronaut Concept Dollar Obverse:

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Y...up6eaP%7C/of=50,453,443

Astronaut Concept Dollar Reverse:

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Y...up6eae%7C/of=50,450,443

Sorry to post the links. I'm just learning here...

Can some kind person please put these in for me? I've tried using the IMG tags, but it's not working. It must function differently from ATS. frown.gif

Astronaut Concept Dollar Obverse:

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Y...up6eaP%7C/of=50,453,443

Astronaut Concept Dollar Reverse:

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Y...up6eae%7C/of=50,450,443

Sorry to post the links. I'm just learning here...

Links No Work frown.gif

Cool trime, concept dollar, and Frankie. thumbsup2.gif

EDITED TO ADD: The Frankie popped up between when I started this post and when I completed it. Obviously with the star it should have some extra cameo pop. I can't tell from the image, is the frost well spread or just on one side or another? Nice eagle.

Edited by SkyMan

It is a c00l looking coin in hand and the pictures do not do it justice.

The star is for a full cameo frost on the obverse and the Liberty Bell has minor if any frost on the reverse - BUT the cool thing on the reverse, that is kind of captured with the darker photo, is the Eagle which is fully frosted smile.gif - In My mind and I think NGC;s is this is a 69 coin BUT for one thing that detracted it ... The blemish on the "C" on the reverse is ON the coin frown.gif and not the holder (blargh)

That's a nice looking DDO! grin.gif

capecodmedal.jpg

This used to be my grandmother's. My dad just gave it to me today.

The medal commemorates the 25th Anniversary of the Cape Cod Nat'l Sea Shore. It is proof-like, too. smile.gif

-Amanda

Amanda,

Highland light was moved approximately 300 feet back from its original position ( as the image on your token shows ) as it was in danger of falling into the surf in North Truro, Cape Cod.

My beach cottage is only a half mile from there !!!

Thanks for sharing - it was very special to me !!!

Here's one I picked up in the latest Heritage Dallas auction. It looks much better in hand than in the Heritage pictures (as usual). It also has some of the strongest clash marks I've seen on a half dime. The reverse even shows much of the lettering from the legend. It is double clashed with a slight rotation between clash marks.

Sorry for the huge image for those with dial-up or small monitors, but I wanted to make sure the clash marks show.

1862_2large-1.jpg