• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,912 posts in this topic

Small office that knows I collect, so occasionally they bring in coins they have and I give them a estimate. This one was just given to me so I offered a cup of coffee down the street.

The 1824 was only $85 and I bought it sight unseen. Silly really, I already had a great 1824.

The 1827 is a little below the grade that I general like to buy these coins in, but it is an original looking coin and 0.138 is R4

1824_2.JPG

1827.JPG

They look like nice CBHs, Winston, though your previous 1824 must not have been that nice if you went out and purchased another sight-unseen. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gifwink.gif

Similar to Winston, my newest purchase arrived today and it is a duplicate to one that I already own and that I am quite happy with. However, I am a sucker for this design and believe that superior examples are a good buy at present levels. The new coin, shown below, is the same grade as the previous one and I will be keeping both.

1502581-CopyofI1936P65.jpg

1502583-CopyofI1936P65R.jpg

Tom, you know I love my other 1824. I’m embarrassed to say that I had forgotten that it was an 1824 until I tried to export the image of my new 1824 and got the “replace existing 1824.jpg?” The original 1824 is still raw, so it sits in my safe, and not in my case. That’s my only excuse for forgetting that I already owned one confused-smiley-013.gif. Maybe I’ll try to sell this new 1824 at the Boston show. I can’t lose much, I only paid $85.

That is a very nice Connecticut thumbsup2.gif I like that off-white look on commemoratives.

I forget what I have and what I'm looking for myself. I get focused on a year or two, searching searching and then don't even remember what I have.

Tom...ABSOLUTELY beautiful CT. Not that I'm into grades, but that's got to be at least an MS67. No?

Edited by MikeKing

A few new ones from this week...

Here is one I think almost everybody will like....

1892ceh.jpg

Here is a neat looking Seated Half. Worn to hell but cool!

1875sh.jpg

Here is an interesting Proof Cent...

1964pc.jpg

And here we have an orginal looking Seated Half.

1861sh.jpg

Bruce, I noticed and was wondering what was up. It's a good thing you are back. thumbsup2.gif All of your new coins are quite interesting and have positive appeal, but I think I like the Columbian the most only because the 1861 Seated half might have had a spot removed from the obverse.

Tom Thanks for the concern. I just had alot on my mind and I needed to clear it out. Then Thanksgiving came so more away time from the computer. Now I am not sure how much I will be posting, but we shall see.

Very nice Conneticut Tom. Like the Seated Half and Columbian too Winston. Ok to post Darkside arrivals here? This one just arrived:

DSCN1596A.jpg

That is an incredible coin, Lee. Wow! It has such a unique look. It has a beautiful cameo appearance even being brown. This is quite a coin!

1806.JPG

1806 O.114 R5 Not sure what is going on with the skin confused-smiley-013.gif. It isn’t white like a bad dip but I'm also not sure that it's original…opinions welcome…opinions with explanations extremely welcome thumbsup2.gif

You broke your ANACS holder! makepoint.gif

The coin looks OK from the photo, but that can be deceiving. I have had a few disappointments with ANACS coins, but with these well worn pieces, who knows what could have been done to them, especially with all those coin doctors out there. flamed.gif

The coin appears to be somewhat underlit, but still looks like a nice piece.

That’s because it’s cloudy out wink.gif I tried to use my copystand previously and was getting too much light on my coins. Since I’m getting a new camera for Christmas, I’m just waiting till then to try to use my copystand correctly.