• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

I think your coin has a shot at MS range. Take a look at all the 1921 's out there. All weakly struck and such. I also think it would BB for the black spots on the back.

Can coins be BB for black spots?

I think your coin has a shot at MS range. Take a look at all the 1921 's out there. All weakly struck and such. I also think it would BB for the black spots on the back.

Yes they can of if the spots would cause the coin harm longterm.

Yes they can of if the spots would cause the coin harm longterm.

Like this? grin.gif

45p.jpg

Not quite what I had in mind. laugh.gif

Bruce, the image I posted doesn’t do this coin justice. I need to re shoot it. The black you are referring to is dark forest green. A very thin coating which appears to be floating on the surface. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

1827CBHObv.jpg

1827CBHRev.jpg

I picked this one up a month or so ago. It was my first bust half. grin.gif

It was supposed to be for my 7070, but I think I got hooked onto them. So now I've decided to start a date set of these. Kinda makes me wish I never got it in the first place!

I picked this one up a month or so ago. It was my first bust half. grin.gif

It was supposed to be for my 7070, but I think I got hooked onto them. So now I've decided to start a date set of these. Kinda makes me wish I never got it in the first place!

takeit.gif

Perhaps you should sell it to me before this Bust Half buying habit thing gets out of hand. grin.gif

I picked this up at the monthly Parsippany N.J. coin show today. Its in a PCGS holder graded MS-66.

1473483-1936Wisconsinobv.jpg1473485-1936Wisconsinrev.jpg

Although I’m not happy with my photographs of it, this is a stunningly beautiful coin. It is blast white with a sharp strike and very nice cartwheel luster. The coin has a smooth, creamy look to it, and is very clean mark wise. In fact, any marks that you can see in the photos are actually either die polish or scratches on the holder. This is truly a PQ coin, one that I believe could easily be graded MS-67 on any given day and not look out of place in such a holder.

John

John, I've always found the Wisconsin half to be oddly attractive, what with the dung heap and all, and the images of your coin certainly make it look like an MS66/MS67 piece. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

John, I've always found the Wisconsin half to be oddly attractive, what with the dung heap and all, and the images of your coin certainly make it look like

27_laughing.gif Tom, thank god you finished that sentence with 'an MS66/MS67 piece.' foreheadslap.gif

John

The Peace dollar photos came out very well, it's a beautiful piece, and those fields have that liquid appearance that proofs have.

The Wisconsin is so sharp and lovely, looks 67 to me!

edited to add: dung heap and all.

Edited by MikeKing

This should be here by sat. Bought last night. Thought wife wouldn't find out for at least a month.Today dlc. called the house & left a message for me . Of course my wife got the message first. Time to sell some lesser grade coin to even out the cash flow. Boy I Know it's an addiction When I keep trying hide my purchases from my wife. 188578_slab.jpg