• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PKOK Ikes! Recent Additions

21 posts in this topic

Very nice newps indeed. Thanks for posting them. 893applaud-thumb.gif

After reading the entire thread on the PCGS boards, I feel like a thirsty traveler shown water he wasn't allowed to drink. In the three years since that thread's inception, has the origin and complete history of these coins been declassified, demystified, and clarified (not to mention verified)?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Beijim

In the three years since that thread's inception, has the origin and complete history of these coins been declassified, demystified, and clarified (not to mention verified)?

No, but more and more of these coins keep coming on to the market. tonofbricks.gifmakepoint.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think we know who is making them. He was making them 15-20 years ago and is probably the one still making them today. I think Ikes were the coins he started with.

I think we know who is making them. He was making them 15-20 years ago and is probably the one still making them today. I think Ikes were the coins he started with.

1035010-diversions_funcode.jpg

Darned thing still isn't working . . . .

Grasshopper, the answer is out there. You just need to find it.

Grasshopper, the answer is out there. You just need to find it.

Let me spell it out: J - O - M

insane.gif

No, but more and more of these coins keep coming on to the market.

893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gifdevil.gifflowerred.gif

I'd just like the recipe. Some of 'em are real purdy. I'd much rather invest a little time and chemistry than blow two grand a whack.

What I found most interesting in the incredibly lengthy yet ultimately ungratifying thread across the street was the discussion about the generally high quality of the Ikes that had acquired this toning. This implies (assuming the toning occurred through human intent) something approaching a sense of artistry on the part of the maker. Even if these turn out to be technically AT, I can still appreciate artisanship. Evidently so can the market.

devil.gif

Beijim

In the three years since that thread's inception, has the origin and complete history of these coins been declassified, demystified, and clarified (not to mention verified)?

No, but more and more of these coins keep coming on to the market. tonofbricks.gifmakepoint.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm still learing much about this series and this variety in general but I was of the understanding there hasn't been a fresh peacock Ike "found" within the last few years. Most are in the older green PCGS inserts and the few that aren't are older PCGS makes that have been reholdered (current blue insert).

pkokall.jpg If you can direct me to an image of one recently graded I'd appreciate it.