• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about an early half-dollar thread?? POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

1,427 posts in this topic

Very tough to get CAC stickers on Bust halves; I wonder why?

Not clear on why you believe it is tough to get a CAC sticker on Bust Halves. I suppose we would need to know how many Bust Halves have been submitted to CAC and the percentage of Green or Gold stickers that were awarded. Then compare that percentage with the overall percentage of other coins that received a Green or Gold sticker.

My personal thoughts are that dedicated CBH collectors do not need or care for fourth party grade opinions. Dedicated CBH collectors know the series, are aware of die states, strike nuances, rarity, etc.

That being said, I don't think it is tough to get a CAC sticker on Bust Halves, I think there are not a lot of Bust Halves submitted by Bust Half collectors. Fewer submissions, fewer stickers. IMHO the only Bust Halves that would be submitted to CAC would be coins that dealers were trying to maximize profits to buyers of CAC labeled coins. I mean no slight to CAC, it is just IMHO that the presence of a sticker, does not impact the value of the CBH for dedicated CBH collectors.

I currently own 117 CBH's, I have 5 CBH's that have Green CAC stickers. None were purchased due to the presence of the sticker.

Carl