• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about an early half-dollar thread?? POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

1,427 posts in this topic

Carl,

Dave's 1827 is the 135 (and a very nice one), not the 124--same obverse but a different reverse.

Quick pickup points on the 124...

(1) On the obverse there is a thin line resembling a hair just beneath the I in LIBERTY. (This is on the O-124 and O-135.)

(2) On the reverse the middle line of the fourth stripe extends below the shield. (O-125 also has this)

124aO.jpg

124aR.jpg

1827_124LIB.jpg1827_124stripe.jpg

Thanks,

For the O-124 cues. Big difference in R value. Dave's O-135 is very nice.

Should have looked at Patterson. I couldn't see if there was an extension of the middle line of the fourth stripe. The rotated A1 is a quick visual that I missed in distinguishing the 2 Reverses.

Carl

Thanks for the explanation Jim!

How about I throw this in here...

http://maibockaddict.com/1827-o-146-r2-capped-bust-half-dollar.shtml

1827O-146Big2.jpg

1827O-146rBig2.jpg

That is a very sharp O-146. I like the look of this coin. Good amount of mint frost and nice color contrast.

I'll post a few more this PM.

Carl

BTW, the pics I'm posting are the work of Coindude. He doesn't know it yet but I have 30+ more CBH's to ship to him for imaging. :grin:

Guess he knows it now.

Carl

BTW, the pics I'm posting are the work of Coindude. He doesn't know it yet but I have 30+ more CBH's to ship to him for imaging. :grin:

Guess he knows it now.

Carl

Carl if they are anything like the first batch I'm going to be having a lot of fun! I love imaging coins that my coin budget can't afford.