• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Buying Silver Bullion a good idea? Any thoughts appreciated also!

Is buying Silver Bullion Rounds a good Idea?  

984 members have voted

1. 1. Is buying Silver Bullion Rounds a good Idea?

101 posts in this topic

I started buying Silver 11 months ago and it somewhere around 11.00 as i type now it was at 7.00 when I started! Still adding to my positions at any time that I can! I believe Silver has some tremendose upside starting this september! Go Silver!!

Davidking623

Silver took a little uptick today around 11.70 I think Silver might very possibly get busy this fall!

Davidking623

About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution

in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of

Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some

2,000 years earlier:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a

permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up

until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous

gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always

vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public

treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due

to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning

of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, those

nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;

2. From spiritual faith to great courage;

3. From courage to liberty;

4. From liberty to abundance;

5. From abundance to complacency;

6. From complacency to apathy;

7. From apathy to dependence;

8. From dependence back into bondage"

I voted no to your poll because I consider silver to be overpriced now. I am bullish the metal longer term but not now because from a contrarian standpoint. most people are too bullish on the metal as the responses to your poll indicate. But if you are not buying the metal to make a trading profit, go ahead and buy it if you want to own a form of real money.

Currently, I think gold is a better relative value but I am hoping it tests its recent $550 level before I buy it. My second choice is Palladium. It is considered more of an industrial metal but I think that is changing as it sort of has with Platinum. Palladium is about as scarce as Platinum but much cheaper and the availability of Canadian Maple Leafs is a real plus for those who want to buy it in small quantities.

Does this poll even mean anything after so long? Makes sense to buy sometimes, othertimes not so much.

This Poll doesnt probably mean the same thing at the time Silver was around 7.00 when I started it! With it around 13.00 right now I would sure like to start a new one as for those that got out at 8.00 will be waiting a long time for that to happen again more like the 12th of never as Silver is never going there again.Your either on or off the next leg up which surly could surprise! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Davidking623

Does this poll even mean anything after so long? Makes sense to buy sometimes, othertimes not so much.

This Poll doesnt probably mean the same thing at the time Silver was around 7.00 when I started it! With it around 13.00 right now I would sure like to start a new one as for those that got out at 8.00 will be waiting a long time for that to happen again more like the 12th of never as Silver is never going there again.Your either on or off the next leg up which surly could surprise! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Davidking623

Hang on!!! Silver is around 14.00 and with the dollar doing a death drop likely to really finish the year out strong!

Davidking623

I have used silver bullion as a good long term investment nothing more. Buy a roll of silver rounds here, two roll there over time gives me a chance to round off the cost of my investment.

AAJ

Now that Silver has hit $14 dollars looks like yes ... Especially since I started collecting ROLLS of Eagles from 86 on ... my that box is heavy now

Wonder if I have any toners smile.gif Havent looked at them in years except to throw the new roll in every year ahhahaah Lot of Green tops in that box now .. time does fly when yer having fun ...

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Now that Silver has hit $14 dollars looks like yes ... Especially since I started collecting ROLLS of Eagles from 86 on ... my that box is heavy now

Wonder if I have any toners smile.gif Havent looked at them in years except to throw the new roll in every year ahhahaah Lot of Green tops in that box now .. time does fly when yer having fun ...

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Congrats on the ability to collect the Eagles Year to Year! Hold on tight your retirement just might be right there in that Box!

Davidking623

If you don't mind the roller coaster ride. smile.gif Today it is at $12.64 while this time last year it was $9.41 and 2 weeks ago getting ready to bust through $15.00 again confused-smiley-013.gif

If you don't mind the roller coaster ride. smile.gif Today it is at $12.64 while this time last year it was $9.41 and 2 weeks ago getting ready to bust through $15.00 again confused-smiley-013.gif

Certainly Silver is not for the weak at heart but seems a great buy even at this price now 12.96! Remember that price is from the Silver futures and is just a paper play not on the metal itself! Think about what things cost now as to compared to even a year ago inflation is getting carried away and Silver is a way for me to sleep better at night!I started buying at 7.00 and now is 12.96 Go Silver! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Davidking623

I just locked in a price of $290 for my 2007 addition to the ASE roll set, based on spot of $12.69. Man I long for the days of paying $120 for my annual roll! Also bought a few onzas (1984-85) at about $11 each at a show yesterday!

Silver looking to consolidate, still finding resistance at 13.50 Go Silver Go Silver!

Davidking623

I voted "NO" because I really don't want to tie up my coin money in bullion. I've got the stock market and mutual funds for investing. My coins are for fun, and tying up money in bullion only lowers my numismatic balances.

Silver closed in New York at 19.91,Silver is looking for a little more by the time may ends it will most likely have hit 25.00 by then or probably more.Is it still a good idea to be buying Silver bullion now?I say yes but only with some caution and buy physical to protect your wealth its kind of like buying insurance and with the dollar losing value it is going to be better than paper money in the bank in my most humble opinion.

Davidking623

The question should have related to buying Silver Bullion as an Investment and Timing because even though Silver is rising now most likely because of the Economic climate there have been long periods where it did not rise steadily so you would not only be sitting on a static investment but could be paying Storage charges on top of it.

Silver has tanked to 9.16/oz. Is it a good buy? Hell yeah, if you can find it. As David has been saying all along, buy physical silver, not the piece of paper that says you own 100 ounces. Honestly, the price of silver right now seems to be manipulated. The "value" of the USD also appears to be much higher than it should be. The US is not in good shape and yet we're seeing gains in the strength of their dollar. They're printing more money out of thin air and throwing around trillions of freshly printed money. Hyper-inflation looks like it's right around the corner. :eek:

Andy

Silver is trading on the paper price at around 10.50 and has provided us with something I had never thought would occur base metals not mining as they provide 70% of all the silver mined in the year for silver mining is at nearly a standstill with these low paper silver prices trying to find physical Silver has been a problem but it can be found for a price still just remember having fully paid for silver in your possesion is of the most extreme importance as you can not be shaken off this silver Bull very easily Physical make you have strong hands where paper gives you weak hands as Silver may truly be manipulated!With all these bailouts occuring this money will come back and I hope hyperinflation does'nt occur but better to have PM for protection than not!

Davidking623

Silver is trading on the paper price at around 10.50 and has provided us with something I had never thought would occur base metals not mining as they provide 70% of all the silver mined in the year for silver mining is at nearly a standstill with these low paper silver prices trying to find physical Silver has been a problem but it can be found for a price still just remember having fully paid for silver in your possesion is of the most extreme importance as you can not be shaken off this silver Bull very easily Physical make you have strong hands where paper gives you weak hands as Silver may truly be manipulated!With all these bailouts occuring this money will come back and I hope hyperinflation does'nt occur but better to have PM for protection than not!

Davidking623

Agreed. I think everyone would also never wish for hyperinflation, but it's best to be prepared. It's never too late to start picking up a few ounces here and there. (thumbs u

Andy

Silver hit 14 .80's this week.Silver seems to be more around the here and there then before. Silver looks like it is still conected to the dollar here recently,with the moves it has been making.Looking for Silver to touch somewhere around 19.00 before going lower again.As always Buy Physical as the illusion of Silver being everywhere right now will reverse quite strongly.Silver, where is it going? much higher in my opinion.Yes everything seems more normal to some degree the stock market is above 8000 but there is oil sitting around 60 a barrel and Gas now somewhere around 2.50 Anybody buying food in the grocery store that is paying attention is probably wondering to themselves WTF It doesnt feel all honky dory to me but time will tell! Remember buy Physical Silver the kind you can hold and see!

Davidking623

Gold getting busy here recently 1119 and Silver at 17.40 Silver is playing some sort of consolidation with Gold playing to drag it up to mid 19's maybe more before we go lower again!

David

Davidking623

2 words, buy silver

At least at these levels 15.20 is fine and it is good to own Physical Silver! I believe it will go lower before we are done with this year but silver is a tricky one so buying a little here and a little there is not a bad idea still.

David

Davidking623