• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need imput.to sell. 2022 Voto quarter spiked.head and die Crack on reverse
1 1

9 posts in this topic

This error is the first that i have seen. Perfect in condition and rare errors. The last one to sell, the Voto quarter,  sold for a record 8k and some change.with  two die Crack errors. Need advice on how to sell. Firm price, auction and starting bid. There is some doubling on date and mint mark. Any other things to add feel free. Thx!

20240701_032512.jpg

20240701_031927.jpg

20240701_031838.jpg

On 7/1/2024 at 9:41 AM, R'CoinsWild said:

This error is the first that i have seen. ...the Voto quarter,  sold for a record 8k and some change.with  two die Crack errors.

Hi and welcome.  Unfortunately, I am in agreement with JPM.  The "die crack" mark looks to be a scratch.  The doubling you see is a common quality control issue called machine doubling.  I was not able to find info on the coin you referred to that sold for 8K, but I hope it had more than a couple of die cracks on it.  I am not sure what you are referring to as a spiked head.  The scratch is on the obverse of the coin. 

Edited by cobymordet
chewy

A die crack or break is raised, not a depression with displaced metal along its sides, which indicates a scratch. Here is an image of the reverse of a 1942-S wartime five cent piece with a die crack from the "S" in "PLURIBUS" to the second "S" in "STATES" nearly bisecting that entire side.

1942-Snickelrev..thumb.jpg.8b900b0bba190d70e526c6dc1ba858be.jpg

Sandons 1942 S is a wonderful die crack. This 1994 P I found a few years ago. You can see the raised metal on the surface it is not a grove, This coin is referenced as a Double Spike head. Most of the coins you find in change will not command a high price. They are fun to find and save and that is what coin collecting is about. 

Spike.jpg