• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ancients or Vault Protectors... Which is a better buy?
1 1

23 posts in this topic

What is cooler and a better buy? Ancients, such as Roman and Greek, or Vault Protectors, such as Gold Chineese thru Silver and bronze?

Also, how do you feel about coins salvaged from shipwrecks, such as Gold & Silver Spanish Debloons, as compared to Gold Nuggets & Flakes from Sunken Ships.

On 4/16/2024 at 9:41 AM, murder69 said:

What is cooler and a better buy? Ancients, such as Roman and Greek, or Vault Protectors, such as Gold Chineese thru Silver and bronze?

Also, how do you feel about coins salvaged from shipwrecks, such as Gold & Silver Spanish Debloons, as compared to Gold Nuggets & Flakes from Sunken Ships.

Jaymurdem@ eBay

On 4/16/2024 at 9:41 AM, murder69 said:

Allow me to prove my assertion the redrum guy is simply engaged in harmless conduct...

I would say Ancients (but not because I fear VKB's disapproval)

Moving right along...

I would say Gold doubloons and silver (but not necessarily because our Grand Master would challenge the provenance of gold nuggets and flakes).

There.  Two questions asked.  Two questions answered.  No harm done. Socitations for opinions sought and granted.

Now, what I would really like to know is what is everyone so afraid of? That this guy works for the IRS? SHEESH!

On 4/17/2024 at 8:38 AM, Just Bob said:

You can continue to play devil's advocate or "defender of the downtrodden" all you like, but, rest assured, the majority of the members of this forum strongly disapprove of this guy's tactics, especially since he's been repeatedly called out, and continues to do it. It isn't "harmless conduct." It's the forum equivalent of spam phone calls and junk mail, and we don't like it.

Amen, brother. There is an accepted culture here, and this bird is urinating all over it.

Edited by VKurtB

🐓 :  Looks like we've been overruled, Q.

Q.A.:  No violation of law. No technical violation of the guidelines. No different from one gentleman asking his wife, "Do you like this paisley tie or the striped one better?"

FULL STOP!!!

But wait, what did he do? And it turns out, nothing at all.  They just don't like the guy's User Name!  As Dean Martin used to say, "Ain't that a kick in the head?"

What makes this tougher is you've got the Nice guy AND the guy who'd rather be Right than Nice weighing in. And Dena watching it all like a hawk!  It's a NO-WIN.

🐓:  Say Q,... strictly off the record... which is a better buy... Ancients or Vault Protectors?   :makepoint:  doh!  :facepalm:

Looks like another user name change may be in order.... let's consider the possibilities... I am going to refer to you [privately, of course] as MartyrTm, a play on martyrdom.  I am afraid redrum just doesn't cut it and 69 is too reminiscent of tekashi69. Tm?  No, not ™️, but Thulium, a silvery-white rare earth metal, atomic # 69 on the Periodic Table, or Tm for short.  Anyway, short of yelling, "Rewrite!" you can always remake or reinvent yourself with a new name and a fresh approach. I did it and, as I am fond of reminding my many detractors... STILL HERE, STILL STANDING, STILL STRONG!  :sumo:  

To my brethren on the Forum:  I have been accused of reckless rumination, but indiscriminate urination?  NEVER!  To the member who was kind enough to write to me and say I was "a great man," I guess you understand me better than most.  🐓

On 4/22/2024 at 5:30 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Looks like another user name change may be in order.... let's consider the possibilities... I am going to refer to you [privately, of course] as MartyrTm, a play on martyrdom.  I am afraid redrum just doesn't cut it and 69 is too reminiscent of tekashi69. Tm?  No, not ™️, but Thulium, a silvery-white rare earth metal, atomic # 69 on the Periodic Table, or Tm for short.  Anyway, short of yelling, "Rewrite!" you can always remake or reinvent yourself with a new name and a fresh approach. I did it and, as I am fond of reminding my many detractors... STILL HERE, STILL STANDING, STILL STRONG!  :sumo:  

To my brethren on the Forum:  I have been accused of reckless rumination, but indiscriminate urination?  NEVER!  To the member who was kind enough to write to me and say I was "a great man," I guess you understand me better than most.  🐓

I took your Bad advice and changed my name to a Disney Pirates of the Carribean theme... Captain Murder... you should get a cool Spartan Chariot icon to go with your French name.

On 4/22/2024 at 7:05 PM, murder69 said:

I took your Bad advice and changed my name to a Disney Pirates of the Carribean theme... Captain Murder... you should get a cool Spartan Chariot icon to go with your French name.

Garrett Brock Trapnell was the undisputed King of the NGI plea -- until he no longer was... Malheureusement -- and I apologize to those members who've endured this soliloquy before -- I am obliged to defend, with my life, your constitutional right to express your thoughts within the framework of the Board Guidelines.... (quick, somebody kindly provide z with that elusive retching emoji)... you did an admirable job on the Beach during spring break and, who knows, you may yet surprise everyone here with one of the finest comebacks the likes of which have never before been seen here.  I wish you the best of luck...  Welcome to the Big Leagues, camp man!

(Posted at the sole discretion of NGC Moderation)

On 4/22/2024 at 8:49 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Garrett Brock Trapnell was the undisputed King of the NGI plea -- until he no longer was... Malheureusement -- and I apologize to those members who've endured this soliloquy before -- I am obliged to defend, with my life, your constitutional right to express your thoughts within the framework of the Board Guidelines.... (quick, somebody kindly provide z with that elusive retching emoji)... you did an admirable job on the Beach during spring break and, who knows, you may yet surprise everyone here with one of the finest comebacks the likes of which have never before been seen here.  I wish you the best of luck...  Welcome to the Big Leagues, camp man!

(Posted at the sole discretion of NGC Moderation)

Well put, have another mixed drink and give your thoughts an NGC 65 Gold Sunken Pirate Ship Debloon the seller expects me to pay $8,000 for.

Worth the Money? Or spend it on an older 1 Oz Canada Maple Leaf PCGS 70 CAC and a 1 Oz Gold Australia Kangaroo PCGS 70 CAC?

On 4/22/2024 at 10:11 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

My ignore list is really becoming the who's who of fools.  Now if the rest of you would stop quoting them... I would never have to see any of it.  Help a brother out!;)

Lol. You probably look just like Eminem did in High School. Why don't you Google some 1980 Krugerrands, maybe you find a Keeper and Cheer Up.

On 4/22/2024 at 10:23 PM, cobymordet said:

Hey Captain Murder, where is Sargent Slaughter?

He's my alter ego in P.E. and gets High A's. Can I interest you in a 40th Anniversary Gold Maple Leaf NGC 69? It should acrew value over the next 5 years.

I know it's against the Guideline rules, but I believe it safe to say observant members of the Jewish persuasion are all off the various forums now. I wish them all Pesach Sameach (Happy Passover).

Now, to the pressing matter at hand:  NN's stern admonition notwithstanding, anyone offering to sell you a Gold Sunken Pirate Ship Debloon (misspelled that way on this thread more than once, so Not a typo) is someone you ought to run away from as fast as you can. My bill for that legal advice will be in the mail shortly.  🤣 

I have NEVER seen accrue spelt acrew, in any language.  Spot gold is up in fits and starts.  My feeling as a certified rank amateur with little or no real knowledge of precious metals' trends is all gold should rise proportionately but member z, who knows a thing or two about gold, has previously said (and I am constrained to agree) that spot gold affects bullion gold more so than pieces with numismatic value.  For example, the gentleman who owns the '33 D/E may be aware of general gold trends, but when you are talking about a unique piece whose last gavel price was in the millions, spot gold is not a critical consideration if it is one at all.

Incidentally, owing to Chat Board Guidelines and other considerations, I do not believe anyone would be inclined to give you the advice you seek, with or without a legal disclaimer. I am afraid the membership was instinctively right in chastising me for validating and enabling your conduct.  It is not only prohibited conduct, but bad form. I now regret the transgression. And I apologize to those learned members for their wise counsel.  

To:  N. N.

A little assessment from the street...you ain' no neophyte... that's a bit played out now.  You were, however, smart enough to know the difference between a shiesty (note correct spelling; also spelt sheisty, and shyster which still carries a pejorative connotation.  And your crowning achievement was being savvy enough to focus on a coin series few collectors, including myself, were barely aware of.  I truly regret our fellow member missed the whole point of making a user name change and chose something that will only marginalize him further.  He's a neophyte sho 'nuf, sho 'nuf.  Plenty of time to learn the ropes.

On 4/22/2024 at 11:12 PM, Henri Charriere said:

I know it's against the Guideline rules, but I believe it safe to say observant members of the Jewish persuasion are all off the various forums now. I wish them all Pesach Sameach (Happy Passover).

Now, to the pressing matter at hand:  NN's stern admonition notwithstanding, anyone offering to sell you a Gold Sunken Pirate Ship Debloon (misspelled that way on this thread more than once, so Not a typo) is someone you ought to run away from as fast as you can. My bill for that legal advice will be in the mail shortly.  🤣 

I have NEVER seen accrue spelt acrew, in any language.  Spot gold is up in fits and starts.  My feeling as a certified rank amateur with little or no real knowledge of precious metals' trends is all gold should rise proportionately but member z, who knows a thing or two about gold, has previously said (and I am constrained to agree) that spot gold affects bullion gold more so than pieces with numismatic value.  For example, the gentleman who owns the '33 D/E may be aware of general gold trends, but when you are talking about a unique piece whose last gavel price was in the millions, spot gold is not a critical consideration if it is one at all.

Incidentally, owing to Chat Board Guidelines and other considerations, I do not believe anyone would be inclined to give you the advice you seek, with or without a legal disclaimer. I am afraid the membership was instinctively right in chastising me for validating and enabling your conduct.  It is not only prohibited conduct, but bad form. I now regret the transgression. And I apologize to those learned members for their wise counsel.  

Well put... 

To each his own, I collect what I like and see as worth buying. You collect what you see as a good investment with large profit margins. Same field, different sectors.

As far as your statement, solid points but too much disclaimer like filler. And I'll admit spelling is my worst subject. I'm more of a Math Team Gifted Honor Roll student with sloppy handwriting.

Last point, check out Perth Mint Gold Bars they have cute Kangaroos polka dotted on the Back and some times Ostriches, as well as Kine Bars, they have Holograms. Well Worth they buy for a Personal Collection as opposed to "Buy and Sell".

On 4/24/2024 at 1:04 AM, Henri Charriere said:

To:  N. N.

A little assessment from the street...you ain' no neophyte... that's a bit played out now.  You were, however, smart enough to know the difference between a shiesty (note correct spelling; also spelt sheisty, and shyster which still carries a pejorative connotation.  And your crowning achievement was being savvy enough to focus on a coin series few collectors, including myself, were barely aware of.  I truly regret our fellow member missed the whole point of making a user name change and chose something that will only marginalize him further.  He's a neophyte sho 'nuf, sho 'nuf.  Plenty of time to learn the ropes.

I should probably stick to collecting Larry Bird BGS 10's, and Dan Marino Rookies.