• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHECK YOUR EBAY SHIPPING ADDRESS!!! EBAY HAS REALLY MESSED UP.
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Thanks for this vital heads-up! I believe if a snafu has affected you, there is a good chance it may affect others, to their detriment

(thumbsu

Mine flipped over to a future address....strange. It also changed my name to "Rod Serling."

On 4/15/2024 at 5:00 PM, RWB said:

Mine flipped over to a future address....strange. It also changed my name to "Rod Serling."

Congratulations on your illustrious career and my condolences on your passing.

Sorry to hear of that issue for you Lem, I very seldom buy on ebay anymore so not a problem for me at the moment, but I will double check on that address.

I seldomly buy coins on eBay any more , do most of my buying and bidding through auction houses … I do occasionally bid on coins from time to time I might win 2-3 coins from eBay for whole year … I’ve purchased other stuff like numismatic books and so on never had a problem with shipping it’s linked to PayPal account , I’ve won two John S. Davenport German taler catalog books for my numismatic book collection both of them just came in the mail today no problems … thanks for heads up I’ll keep an eye on my future orders on eBay 

On 4/15/2024 at 6:32 PM, Lem E said:

Congratulations on your illustrious career and my condolences on your passing.

I was in the left-hand lane when I passed....Had to get to the rest stop to get more smokes!

On 4/15/2024 at 5:00 PM, RWB said:

Imagine if you will…

On 4/15/2024 at 3:26 PM, Lem E said:

Just wanting to warn anyone with an ebay account that within the past week or so your shipping address may have defaulted to a prior address if you have an old one on file. I would immediately check your info and make sure any purchases you have made within the last week are going to the correct address. I am not the only person this has happened to. What a disaster.

Did you get your coin? 

On 4/16/2024 at 6:14 PM, J P M said:

Did you get your coin? 

No. Had to cancel the order to keep them from sending it to the other address. I told them about the issue and they said that they HAD to send it to the address listed even after I told them it was the wrong one. The coin was supposed to be re-listed and I was going to buy it again. Haven’t seen it yet.

I wonder if the seller blocked you for the "trouble" on his end having to cancel the order. Some people would rather block than make a sale. I just signed out of there and checked an non numismatic order I made on Sunday. My address is ok. I wonder exactly how that happened. I know to change it yourself you have to go through many different tabs and pages just to get there. I'd be demanding an answer from their customer service. Sorry to hear this happened to you. Especially if you lose a coin because of it. I know how that feels just from getting outbid. I think it would feel even worse over some mechanical/computer error.

On 4/16/2024 at 10:45 PM, powermad5000 said:

I wonder if the seller blocked you for the "trouble" on his end having to cancel the order. Some people would rather block than make a sale. I just signed out of there and checked an non numismatic order I made on Sunday. My address is ok. I wonder exactly how that happened. I know to change it yourself you have to go through many different tabs and pages just to get there. I'd be demanding an answer from their customer service. Sorry to hear this happened to you. Especially if you lose a coin because of it. I know how that feels just from getting outbid. I think it would feel even worse over some mechanical/computer error.

I don’t think it was that much trouble for the seller. I caught it pretty quick. The item hadn’t shipped yet. They didn’t even print a label. They were pretty good about the whole thing. I moved in 2018. My address has been the same for 6 years and all of the sudden it reverts back to my previous residence? Ebay had a fairly substantial update and a few things have changed on the site. I figured it probably had something to do with that. I talked to a friend and the same thing happened with his account. There has to be many more that experienced this. Maybe they just don’t know it yet. It is what it is. Hopefully they will list it again soon. 

On 4/17/2024 at 2:04 AM, Lem E said:

Hopefully they will list it again soon. 

I would contact the seller directly and explain the situation and inquire about the status of the item and make it known you are willing to buy.