• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Washington Quarter Dollar Error
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have a 1966 quarter. I have seen there was various errors on this particular quarter. The quarter has a ring around the verse sided that you can see runs through the In on in God we trust and through the 1966 date. Quarter has some good wear on it but I'm new to all this and not sure if it's a error coin or not.

20240412_052349.jpg

20240412_052412.jpg

No Error the marks are scratches most likely from a coin rolling machine. The rest of the coin could have been subject to chemicals to make the surface look that way. It was not that way when it came off the press, so it is damage. 

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am also in the camp of there being damage on the obverse from a coin roll wrapping machine. There are many different coins of different denominations out in the wild that have this mark on them to varying degrees. It is not an error, just damage.

Somewhere, in the vast universe of time and space, there is a reversed identical quarter from 1966 that was on the other end of that roll and is patiently awaiting to be reunited with its roll-book-end -mate.