• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DREAM COINS! Post your dream coins, tokens, medals or commemoratives! (No Bullion coins)
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Post any coin, token, medal or commemorative that you do not have but wish you did. Let this post serve to inspire others. Gold . silver, copper... The sky is the limit. Post the coin and tell a little about the coin and why you think it's a dream coin for you. Cheers and sweet dreams. zzzzzzzzzz

...this thread has been done before but go for it...no real down side to it....

On 4/8/2024 at 7:00 AM, zadok said:

.this thread has been done before but go for it...no real down side to it...

Ok thanks for your permission that is very nice of you to let me do something. I feel free now.

On 4/8/2024 at 12:21 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

Ok thanks for your permission that is very nice of you to let me do something. I feel free now.

...ur welcome....

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 2:16 PM, Zebo said:

Maybe this one…

IMG_5753.jpeg
if not the 100, maybe the 80!

IMG_5750.jpeg

IMG_5752.jpeg

Gold 1621 100 Ducats Zygmunt III Waza (Bydgoszcz mint) Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth   1.25 M       

A very rare coin indeed. Beautiful.

Edited by Mike Meenderink

Posted (edited)

46095661_Large.jpg

1872 25C Quarter Dollar, Judd-1195, Pollock-1335, Low R.7

William Barber's Amazonian design with Liberty seated, facing left, her right hand touching the head of a spread-wing eagle, sword in left hand. Thirteen stars are on the upper portion of that side with the date below. The reverse has a reversed variant of the eagle seen on the obverse, denomination below, and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA around much of the perimeter on that side. Struck in silver with a reeded edge.

Many students of U.S. pattern coinage consider the Amazonian design, which William Barber created, to be the most beautiful design ever created for a coin. It was a mere 18 years after they were coined that the Amazonian name first appeared in the catalog of Lorin Parmelee's Collection sold by New York Coin and Stamp in 1890.

A roster of at least seven different examples appears at USPatterns.com, clearly indicating that there are many rarer pattern issues, but few that are more desirable. Two of those known examples are in museums, one at the Western Heritage Museum in Omaha, from the Byron Reed Collection, and the other at the ANA Museum in Colorado Springs, from the Harry Bass Collection.

PCGS PR66+DCam $156k

On 4/8/2024 at 5:41 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

Gold 1621 100 Ducats Zygmunt III Waza (Bydgoszcz mint) Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth   1.25 M       

A very rare coin indeed. Beautiful.

Yep that’s it. I have the book on it written in both Polish and English. The 80 is coming up at auction soon. Have a million to spare?

Edited by Zebo

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 4:07 PM, Rob’s Coins said:

Aweee. She’s petting an eagle…. Although not something I would recommend in real life 😂. Cool coin! lol

Yhea thats a great way to loose a nipple. Thats why she has the sword.:roflmao:

On 4/14/2024 at 8:30 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

Bandit (left) and Chimney (right) say BUMP THIS THREAD!

20220921_162109.jpg

I see a gray one in the back ? How many cats do you have Mike.

On 4/15/2024 at 3:39 PM, J P M said:

I see a gray one in the back ? How many cats do you have Mike.

We have 5 rescue cats of different ages and ailments. One was rescued from wildfires (lung issues). One has an amputated tail from an opossum encounter somewhere near here. The others are adopted from shelters or found as kittens abandoned and taken in by me. The one you see in the back is Bo. She is a 10-year-old female that was and abandoned in a store parking lot as a runt by her mother cat. They are all avid coin fans.