• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Registry views

14 posts in this topic

Hey all, while not really a newbie question, something happened on my Morgan silver dollar top 100 Vam registry set. I finally made it over 1000 views and thought that was pretty cool. The time to get to 1000 was 2 yrs 2 wks. I don't know if that is a long time or not, so would like to hear from other's on how long it took them to reach this milestone. It does not matter what the set is.  thanks jimbo

On 4/3/2024 at 8:35 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Congrats.  Post a link and I will make it 1001.

I don't know how to do links, but if you go to NGC registry sets morgan dollars 1878-1921 top 100 vams I'm #11

Major congratulations! Morgans aren’t my particular cup o’ tea, but I realize lots of folks love ‘em, and the 1,000 mark is quite a landmark. Well done. 

Congratulations!

I have studied the matter of views and what may prompt them for some time. Your average Set Registrant wants to get a feel for the competition and checks not only Rank, but the grade-line, and "Set History" which, for those unfamiliar with the feature, gives viewers a minute-by-minute, blow-by-blow set building strategy. It stands to reason also that collectors who hew to the highest grades say, MS, are contenders to keep an eye on.  With one truly choice coin they can leap-frog over your standing by two ranks. I spotted my competitor from a mile away.  From out of nowhere, a total unknown, he started a set and leap-frogged over half of all the registrants in my 16-coin series.. Both he and the # 2 collector (a bona-fide whale well-known in such circles) shot to the top of the pyramid -- a fact made all the remarkable considering their sets have yet to be completed! Naturally, checking periodically, the number of views will be high. The sets that are completed expeditiously are those that feature primarily circulated modern coins. The hold-outs keep their eyes on the prize. They will not settle for less. 

1,031 now.  Well worth the visit!  Yours is the ideal progression.  Your antennae are fully extended and you have committed yourself to do the very best you can.  (thumbsu

Edited by Henri Charriere
Short time-out to recheck set progression.

Nice assemblage @jimbo27(thumbsu

I am wondering why there are some missing VAMs in the registry for the 1921 (P). I have a VAM-1A Pitted Reverse and a VAM-3E Pitted Reverse. As I am not a registry participant it is probably a dumb question as to why there are not slots for those.

I asked that very question once and was told there is not enough room for every top 100 Vam in the registry. In the top 100 Morgan varieties book there are 9 1878s Vams but only one slot in the NGC registry. One would think that the top 100 has 100 Vams, but it has a lot more. I went through the book and counted 194 top 100 Vams. Maybe it needs a new name. Thanks for all the kudos.

100_3201.JPG

Congrats on your VAM set.  :golfclap: My registry set with the most views has just over 6,500 views, however, I never have bothered to track the number of views or try and break that down.   I started the set in 2011 so simple math says that is just over 500 views per year.