• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1927 5C Buffalo Nickel Special Strike
2 2

111 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2024 at 11:03 PM, VasquezJ said:

Don’t have to believe anything I said, don’t even bother me like that but I will post results of both 1943 Bronze and 1927 Special Strike Buffalo and then we’ll see what’s said after that but either way I let evidence speak for it self. 

On 3/26/2024 at 11:09 PM, VasquezJ said:

On both coins I got several in person inspections by coin experts to confirm what I seeing and was confirmed that’s why I’m 💯 % positive there both actual authentic coins just of course still had to get them both graded. Until results are in then we know results in details about both coins. 

Just for a bit of (S&G), it will be necessary for you to post your failed attempts as well. 

You get correct, factual information on your coins. That is the goal of the forums..............................................................................................

Trying really hard to keep my composure and be respectful as much as possible but you guys are really testing the waters seriously. 

Sorry you feel that way … wait ! Nah I’m not ….. countless people chimed in on this topic , yet you still have doubts about useful information we gave you on here … you’re not following through with the hobby you want to strike it rich $$$ with some odd end coin that you do not have !!! Some of guys who chimed in on this topic been collecting longer than I have before my mother and father ever thought of having me ….. they studied this series they strictly told you do NOT have what you think you have …. Then you tell us about “3 dealers” you went to see they confirmed it as well …. Nah! that’s a B.S story we smelt miles and miles away we don’t believe that we aren’t that Naive !!!! I’ll stand behind some of long time collectors on here and their judgment

am I testing the waters ??? no I don’t find anything funny , more of pity when someone just don’t want take useful resources and advice on here …They rather mock our hobby and the collectors on like we don’t know anything or we are naive about the advice we give on here to a newbie… stubborn people on here are met with criticism sometimes … that goes on every at coin forum 

I wish you luck submitting your coins or whatever but don’t be surprised when they come back VG 8 or VG 10 and a big bill for grading fees…. 

basically you’re delusional sums it up …. Have a nice day

Edited by Jason Abshier

On 3/27/2024 at 12:09 AM, VasquezJ said:

On both coins I got several in person inspections by coin experts to confirm what I seeing and was confirmed...

Looks like you're going thru a lot of time and trouble to persuade us, but why, if you've conferred with "experts"?  What is it about their findings you find lacking in some way?

Regarding dealer examination of unusual coins.

Members are trying to help another person save a lot of money - it's not working.

Very few coin dealers are "expert" at anything. An almost literal handful are recognized experts in certain designs or series. Unless "The Three Dealer Amigos" that member VasquezJ visited are recognized experts in buffalo nickels AND have researched and seen a 1927 experimental nickel, their opinion is no more useful than that of the guy gaping at his cell phone screen who just collided with a lamp post.

The only meaningful suggestion is for VasquezJ to submit the coin to NGC and let us know the results on its return. That gives all of us a little bit of information which we do not, now, posses.

On 3/27/2024 at 9:52 AM, RWB said:

Regarding dealer examination of unusual coins.

Members are trying to help another person save a lot of money - it's not working.

Very few coin dealers are "expert" at anything. An almost literal handful are recognized experts in certain designs or series. Unless "The Three Dealer Amigos" that member VasquezJ visited are recognized experts in buffalo nickels AND have researched and seen a 1927 experimental nickel, their opinion is no more useful than that of the guy gaping at his cell phone screen who just collided with a lamp post.

The only meaningful suggestion is for VasquezJ to submit the coin to NGC and let us know the results on its return. That gives all of us a little bit of information which we do not, now, posses.

VasquezJ is just one more in an unbelievably sad string of people who simply will not listen. Ignore him.

On 3/26/2024 at 9:50 PM, VasquezJ said:

Just for your information I did take coin to 3 coin dealers and all confirmed to be a 1927 Buffalo Nickel Special Strike. Either all 3 different coin dealers were wrong or you’re wrong. So yes it will get graded and will post results as well. 👍🏼

All 3 different dealers are wrong. That is, if they ever existed at all.

🐓 :  Any thoughts, Q?

Q.A.:  Just one... the gentleman from the Magnolia State, rather than contest the assertion made by the OP, validated it, and then elaborated.  He basically opined if the observable characteristics do not fit the diagnosis, you must not submit. Bag city, not Slab city. No Sale. Good call.

On 3/27/2024 at 6:42 AM, VasquezJ said:

Trying really hard to keep my composure and be respectful as much as possible but you guys are really testing the waters seriously. 

VasquezJ,

Multitudes of people come to this forum and earnestly ask for assistance with identifying all aspects of coins.  Most will (begrudgingly at times) accept the information provided to them.  There are a few people that bring a coin to this site and make outlandish claims about that coin, then ask for opinions.  It is evident that you have limited experience with inspecting/identifying coins.  Why do you think that anyone will take your claims or questions seriously if you continue to tell members who have more years of experience with coin collecting than you have living that they are wrong.  No member of this forum maliciously disparages other member without some kind of trigger.  That trigger is people who ask for assistance then rudely claim that these member don't know what they are talking about.  And lets be honest, what are you, or any other person for that matter, going to do if you lose your composure?  You are on the internet in a chat room, not at a bar or other public space.  Childish and empty threats are about the dumbest thing any person can ever post on an internet chat site.  You asked for an opinion, you got them.  If you are not happy with the opinions provided, maybe this forum is not your type of "waters".  There are plenty of other "waters" about coins that you can jump into.  Continuing to argue your claims will simply exacerbate "the waters".  Members know what they know and you know what you know.  There is limited room for negotiation on opinions.  Good luck with your coin collecting endeavors.  

Edited by cobymordet
...exactly...

On 3/28/2024 at 12:27 AM, cobymordet said:

VasquezJ,

Multitudes of people come to this forum and earnestly ask for assistance with identifying all aspects of coins.  Most will (begrudgingly at times) accept the information provided to them.  There are a few people that bring a coin to this site and make outlandish claims about that coin, then ask for opinions.  It is evident that you have limited experience with inspecting/identifying coins.  Why do you think that anyone will take your claims or questions seriously if you continue to tell members who have more years of experience with coin collecting than you have living that they are wrong.  No member of this forum maliciously disparages other member without some kind of trigger.  That trigger is people who ask for assistance then rudely claim that these member don't know what they are talking about.  And lets be honest, what are you, or any other person for that matter, going to do if you lose your composure?  You are on the internet in a chat room, not at a bar or other public space.  Childish and empty threats are about the dumbest thing any person can ever post on an internet chat site.  You asked for an opinion, you got them.  If you are not happy with the opinions provided, maybe this forum is not your type of "waters".  There are plenty of other "waters" about coins that you can jump into.  Continuing to argue your claims will simply exacerbate "the waters".  Members know what they know and you know what you know.  There is limited room for negotiation on opinions.  Good luck with your coin collecting endeavors.  

When I correctly explained about 1943 cents, I was laughed at, told that he had been studying coins for a month, and told me that "you much not know much".  I've only been studying coins for 55 years so what do I know.  I'm waiting for the results from NGC on the 1943, but maybe they "much not know much" as well.

On 3/28/2024 at 1:22 AM, l.cutler said:

When I correctly explained about 1943 cents, I was laughed at, told that he had been studying coins for a month, and told me that "you much not know much".  I've only been studying coins for 55 years so what do I know.  I'm waiting for the results from NGC on the 1943, but maybe they "much not know much" as well.

I will be surprised if any update is ever reported.   Not that one is really needed, the reply to his request on the ask NGC section tells us all we really need to know.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:40 PM, LOCK34 said:

https://forums.collectors.com/categories/u-s-coin-forum

mustache, abdullah and vasquez should all go post their coins on the pcsg forums. The real experts will love them over there<3

I'd prefer not to be punished on two forums. ;)   But yes I'm sure that they would receive a warm welcome there too.

I think the Op is just upset that nobody believes him and that's understandable. He knows nothing about the members here or their skills. He is new to the hobby and knows just enough to start making stupid costly mistakes. Everyone goes thru that stage. There are many members in this thread that have learned over a lifetime of study and much of that was before there was even an internet. 

This is a giant hobby with thousands of directions a person can go. In my opinion, learning to grade is the number one most important thing. Without that skill, many mistakes will be made. Even with good grading skills, mistakes will be made.  

Posted (edited)

Just for your information I still haven’t received the 1943 Steel Wheat Bronze Coated 1C Struck Error coin but it’s already getting incapacitated and hopefully will get shipped out tomorrow. I understand there’s will be lots of mistakes being done and got lot more to learn I don’t know all information about every coin but I can respond for most coins I own. Don’t have photos to show the 1943 steel cent yet but as soon as  it arrives I will post it up. Also as far the the 1927 Buffalo Special Strike, I’m not just going based off just Sharpness of the coin and Square edges of rim, I’m also confident it is a Special Strike because only the coins that have been discovered have the Die Mark on reverse right underneath buffalo head and 2 of the coins have that mark. Coin dealers also mentioned that as well when doing an in person inspection. No other Buffalo coins in the whole series have that mark only Special Strike Buffalo Coins. 

Edited by VasquezJ

On 3/28/2024 at 7:00 PM, VasquezJ said:

Just for your information I still haven’t received the 1943 Steel Wheat Bronze Coated 1C Struck Error coin but it’s already getting incapacitated and hopefully will get shipped out tomorrow.

You sound incapacitated as well just for your information. If your coin was actually submitted, you would already see the grade on the current submissions page. So please just stop.

Mike, IF it were real, it would be a six figure coin. NGC would bump that up all the way to the Unlimited WalkThrough tier with a turnaround time of three days. That's an "old" thread by standards in this forum. It would not have taken this long.

I understand exactly what your saying but honestly that was my first submission and i did a few mistakes on submission form which I was told that way the reason for delay. Which was about a month ago. Was reviewed as a regular 1943 steel cent and not through Error. Got Reviewed for second time again but this time as Mint Error which was I believe like 2-3 days ago and now at the stage of Encapsulation. 

🐓:  First time in my life I saw "I'll" spelled as "il."

Q.A.:  It happens.  I just hope he doesn't do that over there.  "Incapacitated?"  I don't think he was talking about the coin!!!  Ah, well.

On 3/29/2024 at 9:10 AM, VKurtB said:

Hardly. 

Please do not condemn poetic license while that is being used for comedic purposes. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter;)

Edited by LOCK34