• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 ddo bicentennial quarter
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Do you have a question about this very heavily damaged quarter?

Also, in the future when posting topics of a coin, please provide cropped photos that show the coin and not the background on which it is resting.

Edited by powermad5000

That is just a very worn and damaged quarter which even if it had doubling, which I can't see, would not command a premium.  I would try starting with coins in better condition to begin with, and go back to some basics about collecting and searching for varieties here ... Basic Resources and Glossary

Edited by EagleRJO

Your quarter is ungradeable, it would just be returned.   
It is just a badly damaged quarter worth 25 cents.

In the future please crop your photos and let us know why you posted it.    
This way we are not guessing as to what you want to know.

On 2/27/2024 at 3:34 PM, powermad5000 said:

show the coin and not the background on which it is resting.

Agreed --- this coin definitely needs to be resting! It has obvious trauma and should not be expected to exert itself in retail commerce.

On 2/27/2024 at 5:08 PM, Youngmoola said:

@EagleRJO do u grade coins?? If not your response doesn't matter to me I kno wat I have...I posted it to see if it's worth grading..I'm new to dis not an expert so plz stop being sarcastic 🤌🏾

I can grade coins, as I think any serious collector should be able to do, and I wasn't being sarcastic.  You are not going to get much help with replies like that.

On 2/27/2024 at 5:08 PM, Youngmoola said:

@EagleRJO do u grade coins?? If not your response doesn't matter to me I kno wat I have...I posted it to see if it's worth grading..I'm new to dis not an expert so plz stop being sarcastic 🤌🏾

Well, I can certainly understand why you feel the way you do.  Under my proposed Statute of Limitations on alleged ERROR coins, any such claim you make would be automatically time-barred. If the coin is over 25 years old -- basically all coins minted during the 20th Century -- and found in circulation, the probability it exhibits the malady ascribed to it approaches zero.  :whatthe:   Ironically, had @EagleRJO urged you to submit it, solely on the photos you posted, he would be denounced by the membership as being irresponsible.  I tell you what, re-post your photos minus the yawning margins, tell us what you see, and where, and we will offer you an opinion in language more suitable to your temperament.