• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thank you NGC

12 posts in this topic

🐓  :  if you don't mind me asking, what did you get for your #1 set on the West coast?

H.C.:  Funny you should ask.  No plaque (you have to pay now for the privilege of owning one if you want it).  No pin (like last time). Basically bupkis. Oh, and a nice yellow ikon, I think they call it, next to the Set's name on the Registry.  [In another year, God willing, I will give the No. 2 guy back his Top Spot which was taken away from him twice, once by me at the culmination of his efforts.  He spent a great deal of time and money putting his set together. He deserves it.]  Besides, NGC seems to be the place to be.

Edited by Henri Charriere
Expand reply.

We all know that the west coast is bereft of all redeeming value. Thanks for the additional confirmation. 

On 2/9/2024 at 9:52 AM, VKurtB said:

We all know that the west coast is bereft of all redeeming value. Thanks for the additional confirmation. 

...cept for surfer girls....

Congrats Z.. that is a nice Top Pop. Now think about this one. In the future someone who does not know about the contest will look at this coin and think that it was the registry award winner. When it was you that won not the coin.

On 2/11/2024 at 7:07 AM, J P M said:

Congrats Z.. that is a nice Top Pop. Now think about this one. In the future someone who does not know about the contest will look at this coin and think that it was the registry award winner. When it was you that won not the coin.

...its always the coins, we the collectors r just the custodial caretakers...hence the pedigree coins....

On 2/9/2024 at 6:24 AM, Henri Charriere said:

🐓  :  if you don't mind me asking, what did you get for your #1 set on the West coast?

H.C.:  Funny you should ask.  [...]No pin (like last time). 

The pin is probably on its way. I got two pins (Gold and Best of Registry) in the mail on Saturday.