• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another new nickel find. Two in one day.
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I opened another new roll of 2023 P and found another die scratch this time on the obverse. I found seven in this roll. Nothing extravagant I just think it is a fun find. 

S20240120_0011.jpg

S20240120_0008.jpg

S20240120_0009.jpg

Interesting. This is not as prominent as those reverse ones, but still interesting to see amounts of these localized in one area. Wondering if any have made it to other parts of the country and also how many are out there. I am going to have to start taking a good look at the 23 nickels.

On 1/21/2024 at 3:28 PM, powermad5000 said:

Interesting. This is not as prominent as those reverse ones, but still interesting to see amounts of these localized in one area. Wondering if any have made it to other parts of the country and also how many are out there. I am going to have to start taking a good look at the 23 nickels.

Yes powermad ,the one with the large die gouge is a more obvious one it does go from rim to rim it is very hard to see in the center. I finished my little coin search of the die gouge coins2023 P. In 24 rolls it averaged out around 10 to 13 out of the 40 coins I looked at that had the obverse small gouge or the large reverse gouge.

Just some useless information for you all. On the coins with the small gouge on the G in GOD it had a lot of die markers on both sides. Including gouge under nose, on chin and neck, die chip on nose, chin also large chip on the side of Monticello and roof, and a die scratch in the main door of Monticello. It is basically a mess Sorry, that is all I could find on that coin ..LoL  

S20240120_0013.jpg

S20240120_0016.jpg

S20240127_0002.jpg

S20240127_0001.jpg

S20240127_0003.jpg

S20240127_0005.jpg

S20240127_0004.jpg

Edited by J P M

You must be going through nickel rolls like crazy.  The girls at the bank probably see you comming and have a handful of them out before you even get to the counter.  :insane:

On 1/28/2024 at 12:51 AM, EagleRJO said:

You must be going through nickel rolls like crazy.  The girls at the bank probably see you comming and have a handful of them out before you even get to the counter.  :insane:

Yes and they tried to give me 14 Ike's, but she showed me a hand full and the ones she had were all pvc green spots. I said I will pass on that batch. 

Edited by J P M