• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mint error our not
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Yes, but it's indentation by way of a kid, a hammer, and one of his dad's punches.

On 1/18/2024 at 1:47 PM, C.j.4 said:

Take a look at the neck area 

Please tell us what you think that is. 

On 1/18/2024 at 1:58 PM, C.j.4 said:

A broken neck, just kidding, but I looked at a lot of penny and none have a circle like that on the neck.

That's because the kid's dad took the punch and hammer away from him before he had a chance to bang on any more coins.

C.j.4

In the future, please put the date and denomination in your heading.  
 You have two listings that almost have the same heading.

Just because a coin does not look like anything you have seen before, does not make it a mint error. Damage is damage no matter how it happens and no two damaged coins are alike either. You have to first think of how something could happen during the striking of a coin before you even travel down the road of mint errors.

I suggest you look over every piece of information on the site I am providing a link for. Mint errors are not the norm and are not found frequently if at all in the wild, especially on modern coins.

https://www.error-ref.com/