• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's Coin Find
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I still get anywhere from 3-12 per year in cash register change and that has been steady and consistent for the last probably 30 or more years. None of the ones I get in circulation are great and pretty much look like the one you have posted here, or they are actually in worse shape. Every time I start thinking that newer collectors have finally filtered all of them out of circulation because they are "old", another one pops up in my change.

I had a great week so far. I work in grocery and I buy things from the floral dept when the front is busy. I got the flower girl trained to give me jefferson old head nickels. If I got .50 change coming she will pull the old jefferson's for me and give me .50 change in nickels. I got a few 1940's and 50's in the past. Yesterday she started to pull the old jefferson's out and there it was. A  1932 Buffalo head. Then the same day I got a 1950 Quarter from the coin machine. I have gotten lots of silver dimes but not many quarters. 

Yeah I have gotten I think only one wheat in the past year. Even copper pennies are starting to get hard to get. I thought it was about 1 in 10 was copper but not so much anymore. 

20240117_142156.jpg

20240117_142206.jpg

20240117_142316.jpg

20240117_142322.jpg

On 1/17/2024 at 1:57 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

My question about this 1941 cent is where is the RWB?

Did you mean VBD?  Should be near the rim along the bottom of Lincoln's bust at about 7 o'clock.  Sometimes it doesn't show well and might be partially hidden by the shadow of Lincoln's bust.

On 1/17/2024 at 1:57 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

My question about this 1941 cent is where is the RWB?

Yes haha must have been thinking Roger  should be engraved on a coin! I just don’t see the VDB if at all partially on the rim

IMG_8114.jpeg

Edited by Mr.Bill347

and incredibly hard to see at that.  My best coinstar was about a year ago when I found a 1944D Philippine 20 centavos (80% silver I think) in at least XF/AU.  Occasional wheatie for some reason - don't know why coinstar didn't take it.  Occasional silver dime and quarter.  But mostly just bunged up current stuff, one time even a button about the size of a nickel.

The coin star is great. I got two other fellow employees checking it for coins for me when I'm not there. One of them said they got a quarter and a dime they are going to give me tomorrow. I have gotten almost 70 dimes and 6 quarters so far out of the one at work. And a sack of foreign junk. 

On 1/24/2024 at 6:07 PM, edhalbrook said:

The coin star is great. I got two other fellow employees checking it for coins for me when I'm not there. One of them said they got a quarter and a dime they are going to give me tomorrow. I have gotten almost 70 dimes and 6 quarters so far out of the one at work. And a sack of foreign junk. 

Yeah I'm a bit jealous..I don't find much anymore especially quarters..someone else I know beats me to them frequently at the same location. I have accumulated around 150 dimes atleast the past few years. Only around 5 quarters in my life.