• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1984 D Kennedy uncirculated appears to have separation on the serifs
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I will word this post a bit more carefully than I did my last.  I've researched a bit. And actually found several similar coins to this.  I did see on variety Vista there is no known listing for a ddo of this yr/mint.  The coins I found similar to this had a lot of comments supporting it looked like a possible find. But didn't seem to go anywhere.   

IMG_20240112_101033063-ccfopt.jpg

IMG_20240112_101232439-ccfopt.jpg

IMG_20240112_101308863-ccfopt.jpg

IMG_20240112_101551553-ccfopt.jpg

IMG_20240112_101241462-ccfopt.jpg

IMG_20240112_101616991-ccfopt.jpg

This coin looks to have real promise for a DDO, as you noted there is no listing at VV.   I also checked Wexlers and do not see any listing for an 84-D on there.   I suggest that you post this on the CONECA forum for review, if they feel it has merit they will advise you on how to submit for review and as a possible new DDO.   Here is a link to the CONECA forum.  

Link

I have a $20 bill here that says what we’re looking at here are lighting artifacts from the LED lights on the microscope. 

Although I don't think this is true hub doubling, I hope I am wrong, and the OP has made a new discovery. 

If you decide to pursue this, I suggest posting on the coneca forum as suggested above, and please keep us informed. :wishluck:

On 1/13/2024 at 8:36 PM, Just Bob said:

Although I don't think this is true hub doubling, I hope I am wrong, and the OP has made a new discovery. 

If you decide to pursue this, I suggest posting on the coneca forum as suggested above, and please keep us informed. :wishluck:

And I might suggest NOT using photographs from a microscope with LED arrays of lights.