• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021-P 10C Roosevelt Dime
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2024 at 11:20 AM, Elcangri482 said:

-POINT OF VIEW-

Hello, good morning.

☀️
i attach photos of a ERROR 2021-P 10C Roosevelt dime that I found, I would like to read your opinions.

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_0326.jpeg

IMG_0312.jpeg

Hello, welcome to the forum.

From what I see you have a damaged and mutilated coin with zero collector value, or errors for that matter. If I was going to venture a guess as to what happened I'd say heat exposure for the lumps or something was pressed into the coin, hard to say if the areas on both sides are raised or one incuse (I always have trouble with that doh! in pics), and road rash for the rest.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
Clarification

Not an error. Mike's correct: mutilated coin with no collector value. You might even have a hard time passing it off as a dime in some situations.

As others have said, this is a mutilated dime with no value beyond face of 10c. If the coin was not distinguishable as a dime (which it still barely is) it would no longer be valid us currency and the mint would destroy it if they got a hold of it. Its junk.

Edited by Mike Meenderink

On 1/12/2024 at 10:56 AM, Greenstang said:

They are nicknamed “Campfire Coins”.   
We see these fairly often on this site.

Wow finally, a good answer, leere acerca de eso. Thanks