• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1995 P Lincold Die Crack?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

It is not easy to tell from the photo. If it is a raised line, it could be a crack it could also be a plating issue. It is a cool find but not worth a premium. still fun to find stuff like this. 

Please post full, cropped photos of each side of a coin about which you have questions.

Your cent could have a die crack, but it's hard to tell only from close-ups.

Thank you for the updated images! A closer cropping would be better but I think they are good enough for the purpose of this post.

I think it may be a minor strike through as I just played eyeball soccer for the last ten minutes between your cent and a photo of an exemplary specimen and it almost looks like there is an area of disturbance that runs across all the high points from the forehead to the lower cheek. Such spot I think would be viewed as too minor by graders and would not add any significant premium to the coin.

If by blob, you meant the discoloration not on the face but under the nose, that spot is an issue with the plating which had problems with spotting and is more pronounced on the reverse of your coin inside the memorial.

This coin does show a lot of plating issues. Even if it was a crack, with the stain I see on the reverse it is still only worth one cent.