• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955-D penny Duel RPM
1 1

14 posts in this topic

I'm done with the bags of wheaties, now onto the ones I put aside that I wasn't sure about. This looks like there was a second mint mark,  but scraped off as it seems like it was a mistake. This coin is in awful bad condition. Thought I would get some opinions thanks.

20231206_112416.jpg

20231206_111552.jpg

20231206_104853.jpg

20231206_104904.jpg

On 12/6/2023 at 11:19 AM, Hinkle said:

This coin is in awful bad condition.

agreed.. I'd also like to add you are wasting your time with these coins but hey do as you will. I don't think members here are going to entertain many more of your posts. This cent is worth 1 c

On 12/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

I don't think members here are going to entertain many more of your posts. 

If other members feel the same, I will gladly leave. For a few years being here i learned alot. There's quite a few members that constantly show's off there finds. I might be in left field somewhere but I pick up eventually. Now I'm sorta catching on , all the sudden I'm being treated like a few other's that the members had a problem with. I'm actually working hard at this. I really pray and hope I'm not a problem. I apologize, thought this was a forum were you can be yourself and learn by asking anything about coin related topics. I must not meet your standards. Of course people do what they please with there coins, who don't. I'm confused 

Perhaps a die crack and clash.  I have some coins that have both of these strike type issues.  Although, the area that seems to be scrapped\peeled may be an occurence of some other issue.  Also, while I found a die crack specimen, it did not have the 2nd symptom and, generally, die strike issues are consistant.

shopping (1).jpg

It doesn’t look like a RPM, the mm is too low to be any of the recorded 14 RPM’s.   
I think what you are seeing damage that has flattened the D and scraped the field.

Also do not let the opinion of a few dissuade you from continuing to post. I remember
when you first started posting and your knowledge of coins has come a long way since    
then by asking questions. I for one would never tell someone to stop posting, that is the
job of the moderators. If someone doesn’t want to read a post, then either ignore it or block
that person. I know that I just ignore opening the posting of a couple of members on this and
other sites. Looking forward to see what you have next for us to look at.

On 12/6/2023 at 3:30 PM, Hinkle said:

If other members feel the same, I will gladly leave. For a few years being here i learned alot. There's quite a few members that constantly show's off there finds. I might be in left field somewhere but I pick up eventually. Now I'm sorta catching on , all the sudden I'm being treated like a few other's that the members had a problem with. I'm actually working hard at this. I really pray and hope I'm not a problem. I apologize, thought this was a forum were you can be yourself and learn by asking anything about coin related topics. I must not meet your standards. Of course people do what they please with there coins, who don't. I'm confused 

Post as much as you like @Hinkle, I don't think anyone here has any issue with your posts. Keep'em coming bud. 

Doesn't look like a RPM to me. 

You are not a problem, and I don't mean to sour your fun but you have posted many times in the past week regarding these coins you are going through. What I meant by my comment is that the interest may not be there to look at your posts if you post so many. I apologize if you felt persecuted.

It's all good Hinkle. I think it is cool you got a wheat bag with so many RPM's. Most are beat up bad, but you can still put them in your stash. Did you get your bag through your bank? I know you were having a hard time with them before.

Thanks everyone, I'm might have blown this out of portion, but seriously I'm actually working hard at this. I just keep studying, and researching to help me preced in the knowledge of coins. Different errors, varietys, and conditions of coins has a big factor with collector's. One day I'll be better to show that type of interest for most collector's. But until then, just having fun, and doing what I like.

On 12/6/2023 at 4:59 PM, J P M said:

It's all good Hinkle. I think it is cool you got a wheat bag with so many RPM's. Most are beat up bad, but you can still put them in your stash. Did you get your bag through your bank? I know you were having a hard time with them before.

Hi JP, the banks around me won't let me buy unless I have a business. The bag of wheaties , I purchased from a antique shop. I'm thinking about going back and seeing what else he might have. But want to kinda look in the bag to see what condition there in before purchasing. 

On 12/6/2023 at 4:52 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Post as much as you like @Hinkle, I don't think anyone here has any issue with your posts. Keep'em coming bud. 

Doesn't look like a RPM to me. 

My only gripe is the pixelated photos.

I see a die crack through the fives, but I am not sure if the area adjacent to the mintmark is either damage or a partial lamination. I also don't see evidence of an RPM.

Oh, and feel free to post away. I have no problem looking at all your posts.